• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

trixie2126

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Does anyone know if MN is done giving out acceptances, or how many have been given out so far??? Also, did you guys all get yours at the same time or have they been trickling down?

I really want to get one and I'm freaking out:eek:

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
Does anyone know if MN is done giving out acceptances, or how many have been given out so far??? Also, did you guys all get yours at the same time or have they been trickling down?

same here...

BadgerPreDent

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
minneapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

Not sure if this helps, but my acceptance email came at 9:05am.

About the Ads

blue34

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I got mine this morning around 10:30. They are prolly calling one person at a time! Good luck!

Flossy13

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Well, according to the "official acceptance thread", as well as the fact that this is the first Minnesota-based thread today, I have only seen about 5 acceptances so far, and those ranged in time from like 8:30 - 10:30... this could mean either:

A) Not many MN enthusiasts are on sdn
B) MN is taking their time and personalizing emails and such
or C) they just havent really made up their minds over there much yet!

I talked to Betsy today around noon and she couldnt tell me anything.

I say we shouldnt be discouraged yet, they are taking their time and really putting thought into each one of us, so be confident taht you are a good applicant and we shall receive notice in soon!

:luck::xf::luck: keep lots of these goin! :xf::luck::xf:

CUDental

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
email at 10:17... in-state and last name starting with W if that helps. i haven't gotten a phone call yet, but i was in class for most of the morning with no service in the building, so i may have just missed it. hang in there - i was nervous when i saw people getting them at 9 am when i still had nothing. it could definitely still come

lexx0213

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
did anyone hear from the U today? are they still accepting ppl?

trixie2126

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
did anyone hear from the U today? are they still accepting ppl?

No:(. A majority of their acceptances went out yesterday. They said they are still making decisions on the class, so hopefully some will go out within the next couple weeks.

startrak

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i called today, and they said they had sent out "a lot of acceptances" but not all of them. She wouldn't give any other info tho.

About the Ads

lexx0213

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
No:(. A majority of their acceptances went out yesterday. They said they are still making decisions on the class, so hopefully some will go out within the next couple weeks.

Would you assume these "decisions" are the waitlist decisions? The U still has the one interview day in January for the late applicants...*sigh*....too early to lose hope?:(

REH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Out of curiosity, did any of you receive an email from UPS Quantum View? I got an email of an envelope coming from Minneapolis. The only connection I have ever had with Minneapolis is U of Mn. Honestly though, I doubt I got in there. That was one of the worst interview experiences of my life. "Give me and example of a sitution where..." It went on like that for an hour! LOL

Dental0019

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
REH- LOL I agree with you completely about their q's:laugh: hahaha

Those questions were exactly as you stated. Anyways-I am still waiting too, maybe something will develop and hopefully the ywill get some invites mailed soon.

lexx0213

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
REH- LOL I agree with you completely about their q's:laugh: hahaha

Those questions were exactly as you stated. Anyways-I am still waiting too, maybe something will develop and hopefully the ywill get some invites mailed soon.

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one that felt horrible after the interview. For some reason, I couldn't remember any specific events (even though there were many) that I could have used to answer their questions. Let's hope for the best :xf: Btw, what package are you talking about? Did you get an acceptance?

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
It's weird, because Minnesota was one of my best interviews... I was a perfect match, I thought, with my interviewers. I guess we will just have to wait and see what will happen. I loved the interview because it makes you think on your feet!

REH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one that felt horrible after the interview. For some reason, I couldn't remember any specific events (even though there were many) that I could have used to answer their questions. Let's hope for the best :xf: Btw, what package are you talking about? Did you get an acceptance?

All I know is I got a UPS shipping notice that and envelope is coming from Minneapolis. I have no idea what it is, and I won't know until Friday when it gets here. If it's something from UMn, I'll be sure to let you know. I can assure you, it's not an acceptance. LOL Not after that interview... I will be going elsewhere anyway, so keep your fingers crossed.

BadgerPreDent

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
minneapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
My acceptance letter was in a small envelope and delivered through regular US mail. Maybe they send the out of state letters via UPS??
Either way it was a small envelope that is deceiving in size... I was always a believer that Big envelope = acceptance and small envelope = rejection. Not at UofM!!

lexx0213

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Ok...so probably no more acceptances from the UMN (for now). Has anyone recieved any letters regarding to being waitlisted or rejected? I recieved a letter from Marquette stating that I'm on "hold" and it was dated on the 1st of Dec. I would think Minnesota would do the same thing...

Resonance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Ok...so probably no more acceptances from the UMN (for now). Has anyone recieved any letters regarding to being waitlisted or rejected? I recieved a letter from Marquette stating that I'm on "hold" and it was dated on the 1st of Dec. I would think Minnesota would do the same thing...
Last year I recieved my notice of relegation to the waitlist around December 20th. If that helps. Interestingly enough, it is of medium thickness. It is thicker than the rejection letter and thinner than an acceptance letter. You will know exactly what it is when you get it or at least I did.

About the Ads

lexx0213

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
has anyone seen any changes made in AADSAS regarding to the U of MN yet?

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
has anyone seen any changes made in AADSAS regarding to the U of MN yet?

No, still says invited for interview for me.

I guess, for some of us, 1/15/09 is our D day round two.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
Honestly, I wonder how many in-state minnesotians turn down the U?

trixie2126

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Mine also still says "invited for interview" I really hope we hear something soon, do you think we would have to wait that long to possibly hear something??? I've heard of cases in which people in past cycles would be accepted within a week or few weeks from Dec 1st.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
Mine also still says "invited for interview" I really hope we hear something soon, do you think we would have to wait that long to possibly hear something??? I've heard of cases in which people in past cycles would be accepted within a week or few weeks from Dec 1st.

I'm guessing for each of the deadlines we may hear something. I've heard a lot of stories when people have to switch to the U because they gotin last minute.

Do you still have some hope at least???

trixie2126

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm having some hope since they said that not all of their acceptances went out Dec 1st; however, the fact that a majority of them went out that day makes my hopes not that high :( I hope that we hear some good news in a few weeks that we are in!

blue34

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I was accepted Dec 1 and my AADSAS says Offer Made. I don't remember when it switched though.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
So they haven't sent all of them out? Are they waiting for their last interview session in Jan?

That's kind of a relief...

lexx0213

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
hehe I guess for some of us, we still have a lot more waiting to go....and just waiting for Dec 1st to come was already an emotional ride! let's hope for the best. i just don't want "being on hold" to be a nicer way to say "you didn't get in".

Flossy13

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
side note (disappointing one..) according to the interview/acceptance chart, they offered 68 (or whatever) acceptances to in-staters and there were the same number enrolled last year...

BUT they may offer a higher proportion of out of staters admission on dec 1st since they realize more of them wont accept...

according to predents.com last year, 3/15 (guestimate on the numbers im using here.. i dont feel like looking it up) of the accepted people were accepted post dec.1, and 2/3 were out of state.

who knowwwwwws though, we cant base too much off of a 15/96 person representation, we all still have a chance

if we dont get in this year, hey, we're young :)

:luck: lets keep eachother informed on any changes tho!

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
side note (disappointing one..) according to the interview/acceptance chart, they offered 68 (or whatever) acceptances to in-staters and there were the same number enrolled last year...

BUT they may offer a higher proportion of out of staters admission on dec 1st since they realize more of them wont accept...

according to predents.com last year, 3/15 (guestimate on the numbers im using here.. i dont feel like looking it up) of the accepted people were accepted post dec.1, and 2/3 were out of state.

who knowwwwwws though, we cant base too much off of a 15/96 person representation, we all still have a chance

if we dont get in this year, hey, we're young :)

:luck: lets keep eachother informed on any changes tho!

I assume thing will be dead until 1/15 ish? I think there's their last interview session on the 9th of Jan, according to predents...

trent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
Anyone else receive the summer research scholarship???

I was accepted December 1st. At the interview in October, I indicated that I was interested in summer research opportunities, but I haven't heard anymore about it. Did you get a summer research scholarship and did you need to formally apply for it?

BadgerPreDent

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
minneapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I was accepted December 1st. At the interview in October, I indicated that I was interested in summer research opportunities, but I haven't heard anymore about it. Did you get a summer research scholarship and did you need to formally apply for it?

The only thing to apply for the summer research fellowship was indicating an interest on the sheet at the interview. I received a letter in the mail last week stating that I received the research fellowship. The letter said that they are offering it to 8 people. We have until Jan 2 to accept the Research Scholarship. If people don't accept the scholarship, the UofM will choose new candidates. Hope this helps

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.