minor IA, will it hurt my chances?

Started by BillingsYO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BillingsYO

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone -- I'm not close to applying to school but I've been reading about other pitfalls of other applicants. I went to a regimented college (read military-style) which gives out demerits for not keeping within the school's regimented standards. Having a few is essentially a rite of passage however, someone who doesn't understand regimented school life may not see it this way.

My situation: I had a measly 5 demerits on my record for failing to make my bed properly during a room inspection. There's no more to the story. That's it.

I always opt for honesty and I plan on mentioning (laughing) about this. But will this hurt my chances? Do admission see *IA* and immediately bin the application?
 
Last edited:
Like @Goro said, that's not an IA. If that's even seen by an ADCOMS, which I doubt it will, they won't even have a second thought about it. Even an ACTUAL IA does not necessarily make an app DOA. I have an alcohol-related IA from when I was a dumb kid and no school has even commented on it. An academic dishonesty IA, on the other hand, would have a high likelihood of making your app DOA.

So don't worry even a little bit!! There's no rule that I'm aware of that doctors need to make their bed 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I unfortunately have an IA/alcohol violation on my record, and I was able to snag an II. So I think you are fine
 
I have two alcohol IA's from my freshman year, and have a II with 5 holds so far...you'll be more than fine.