minor IA, will it hurt my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillingsYO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -- I'm not close to applying to school but I've been reading about other pitfalls of other applicants. I went to a regimented college (read military-style) which gives out demerits for not keeping within the school's regimented standards. Having a few is essentially a rite of passage however, someone who doesn't understand regimented school life may not see it this way.

My situation: I had a measly 5 demerits on my record for failing to make my bed properly during a room inspection. There's no more to the story. That's it.

I always opt for honesty and I plan on mentioning (laughing) about this. But will this hurt my chances? Do admission see *IA* and immediately bin the application?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Like @Goro said, that's not an IA. If that's even seen by an ADCOMS, which I doubt it will, they won't even have a second thought about it. Even an ACTUAL IA does not necessarily make an app DOA. I have an alcohol-related IA from when I was a dumb kid and no school has even commented on it. An academic dishonesty IA, on the other hand, would have a high likelihood of making your app DOA.

So don't worry even a little bit!! There's no rule that I'm aware of that doctors need to make their bed ;)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the clarification! Glad to hear I'm getting nervous over nothing.

I unfortunately have an IA/alcohol violation on my record, and I was able to snag an II. So I think you are fine

I have two alcohol IA's from my freshman year, and have a II with 5 holds so far...you'll be more than fine.