Minor

Started by OKgirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OKgirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone considering having a minor in something? If so, what are you going to minor in?

IF i decide to, I would probably do spanish, but I probably won't decide to.
 
Spanish would be a excellent choice. Some undergrad schools don't give you a choice. At my school, all biology majors were chemistry minors.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I had to do it over again, I would minor in chem or biochem.
 

It would just give me some extra upper division coursework in either chem or biochem. As it is, for my degree I had to take one upper division course in both of these. I think as I get older, I am starting to realize that I like both of these subjects more and more.

I guess it really doesn't matter that much. Just saying that if I was going to minor in something, it would be chem or biochem (since I didn't get a minor with my degree).
 
hmm, how much will a minor help us anyways? in terms of helping (?) us get into a pharm school. heh
i was originally a biochem major, but recently changed to econ. so i was thinking about minoring in chem but now that i look at it... i might not have enough time if i wanna graduate this spring. just curious...
 
I wanted to earn a minor in chemistry, but the course I need conflicts with other courses that I need to graduate. So, I decided to go with a physical science minor.
 
I majored in molecular and cell biology and minored in music.. I decided to minor in music simply because I loved music and wanted to learn more.. However after four years I realize that music minor didn't really enhance my knowledge of music.
On a side note, I heard that having a minor makes you "unique" and that somehow helps you to get into pharmacy schools.. I do'n tknow how true that is 😕
 
Everyone in our biology department had to do a minor in chemistry. Most of our pre-pharmacy chemistry courses count in the chemistry minor. The only additional class I had to take was Biochem and a chem lab safety course.
 
I am a biology major and was also required to minor in chem.