Minor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OKgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone considering having a minor in something? If so, what are you going to minor in?

IF i decide to, I would probably do spanish, but I probably won't decide to.

Members don't see this ad.

Spanish would be a excellent choice. Some undergrad schools don't give you a choice. At my school, all biology majors were chemistry minors.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I had to do it over again, I would minor in chem or biochem.

It would just give me some extra upper division coursework in either chem or biochem. As it is, for my degree I had to take one upper division course in both of these. I think as I get older, I am starting to realize that I like both of these subjects more and more.

I guess it really doesn't matter that much. Just saying that if I was going to minor in something, it would be chem or biochem (since I didn't get a minor with my degree).

hmm, how much will a minor help us anyways? in terms of helping (?) us get into a pharm school. heh
i was originally a biochem major, but recently changed to econ. so i was thinking about minoring in chem but now that i look at it... i might not have enough time if i wanna graduate this spring. just curious...

I wanted to earn a minor in chemistry, but the course I need conflicts with other courses that I need to graduate. So, I decided to go with a physical science minor.

I majored in molecular and cell biology and minored in music.. I decided to minor in music simply because I loved music and wanted to learn more.. However after four years I realize that music minor didn't really enhance my knowledge of music.
On a side note, I heard that having a minor makes you "unique" and that somehow helps you to get into pharmacy schools.. I do'n tknow how true that is :confused:

Everyone in our biology department had to do a minor in chemistry. Most of our pre-pharmacy chemistry courses count in the chemistry minor. The only additional class I had to take was Biochem and a chem lab safety course.

I am a biology major and was also required to minor in chem.