MIP and pharmacy tech license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stlcop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a pharmacy student and a tech. My pharmacy tech license needs to be renewed in 2 months and i just got an MIP (minor in possession of alcohol) ticket. will i be disqualified? what should i do?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a pharmacy student and a tech. My pharmacy tech license needs to be renewed in 2 months and i just got an MIP (minor in possession of alcohol) ticket. will i be disqualified? what should i do?

You need to tell this to the Missouri Board of Pharmacy yesterday.

From your BoP website:

"You must respond fully and truthfully to these questions. Failure to fully and truthfully respond to these questions will result in the denial of your application or another appropriate sanction as authorized by law. Fully and truthfully includes, but is not limited to, reporting DUII (Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants) and MIP (Minor in Possession) violations, possession of controlled substances, theft, shoplifting, domestic violence, or assault violations, or any other violation of the law, misdemeanor or felony, of any state or federal law, regardless of the state or territory in which it happened."

I am guessing they'd like to know sooner than later that you were charged with a MIP.

Not sure if it is related, but I want to ask if it is necessary to renew the tech license--since you have a pharmacy intern license as a pharmacy student?

Members don't see this ad :)
My guess is that the OP is not yet in to portion of the program where they would qualify for an intern license. SLCOP is a 0-6 year program.

You are probably legally obligated to report it to the school as well. They would be the best ones to get advice from, in addition to the state board. If you were disqualified from either tech licensure or getting an intern license, it might only be temporary. Or, you may end up having to do some type of alcohol related program in order to proceed.