MIP right after TMDSAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcm1997

Reaction score
Sooo I applied through TMDSAS just a couple of days ago to every school in Texas. Well last night my friends convinced me to go to a local bar with them. I’m only 20 but I’ll be 21 in less than 2 weeks so I used a fake ID to get in and buy a couple of beers. Right before I left the bar, I was asked for ID by an officer during a raid and as a result I got charged with an MIP. How much will this affect me for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo I applied through TMDSAS just a couple of days ago to every school in Texas. Well last night my friends convinced me to go to a local bar with them. I’m only 20 but I’ll be 21 in less than 2 weeks so I used a fake ID to get in and buy a couple of beers. Right before I left the bar, I was asked for ID by an officer during a raid and as a result I got charged with an MIP. How much will this affect me for this cycle?
You are playing this very innocent, but you already had a fake ID, didn't you, so you must have done this before and not got caught. In Texas the penalty and charges for using fake ID are worse than if you had just been caught drinking underage - because it shows that you planned beforehand to be served alcohol despite being underage.

possible charges:
What are the legal consequences of possessing a fake ID in Texas?
Under Texas state law, a person under 21 who is in possession of a fake driver’s license with intent to misrepresent one’s age is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable up to a $500 fine. If the altered driver’s license has a fake identity rather than just a fake age or was issued to someone else, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor with a potential $2,000 fine and up to 180 days in jail.

Possession of a driver's license that is fictitious or has been altered is a Class A misdemeanor. Class A misdemeanors have a possible punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine. This law also applies to possession of more than one currently valid driver’s license. A driver's license can be suspended for one year for fake ID and DWI

The other potential charge is for tampering with a government document, which can be a felony. This charge might be brought if a driver's license is altered in some way -- eg date of birth is changed.

Last edited:
You are playing this very innocent, but you already had a fake ID, didn't you, so you must have done this before and not got caught. In Texas the penalty and charges for using fake ID are worse than if you had just been caught drinking underage - because it shows that you planned beforehand to be served alcohol despite being underage.

possible charges:
What are the legal consequences of possessing a fake ID in Texas?
Under Texas state law, a person under 21 who is in possession of a fake driver’s license with intent to misrepresent one’s age is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable up to a $500 fine. If the altered driver’s license has a fake identity rather than just a fake age or was issued to someone else, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor with a potential $2,000 fine and up to 180 days in jail.

Possession of a driver's license that is fictitious or has been altered is a Class A misdemeanor. Class A misdemeanors have a possible punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine. This law also applies to possession of more than one currently valid driver’s license. A driver's license can be suspended for one year for fake ID and DWI

The other potential charge is for tampering with a government document, which can be a felony. This charge might be brought if a driver's license is altered in some way -- eg date of birth is changed.

The officer let me off easy only giving me an MIP. Nothing about a fake ID will come up

The officer let me off easy only giving me an MIP. Nothing about a fake ID will come up

Jenna Bush got the same in Austin in 2001. In all likelihood, it will not be a big deal. Do check the "rules" laid out in the Texas system regarding what has to be reported and when if a situations occurs after you've submitted your application. I has some familiarity with the AMCAS rules but not the Texas application system.

I wouldn't list your defining stats/characteristics publicly in this thread. Adcoms may be reading.

Reactions: 1 user