Miraca Life sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My first impression is that this is good. Medicine is so dominated by major power players these days. It’d be nice if smaller groups could start reclaiming some ground that’s been lost.

Reactions: 2 users
Only labs will be fined or blamed. Why not those sucker urologist, gastroenterologist, dermatologist etc. Those should be prosecuted and barrred from CMS future payments!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The company violated the Anti-Kickback Statute and the Stark Law by providing to referring physicians subsidies for electronic health records (EHR) systems and free or discounted technology consulting services.
This how they built their business. It would be nice to see a few more snakes get smacked.

Reactions: 1 users
You can argue EVERYONE is violating the law. It is seriously like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe they could get shutdown and I could finally get some of the local derms to send to me instead. In the past I always got the line "Sorry, but you can't the deal we're getting from ______ Lab."

The company violated the Anti-Kickback Statute and the Stark Law by providing to referring physicians subsidies for electronic health records (EHR) systems and free or discounted technology consulting services.
This how they built their business. It would be nice to see a few more snakes get smacked.

I thought this was ok, because so many major national labs do this. I can think of several off the top of my head.

I thought this was ok, because so many major national labs do this. I can think of several off the top of my head.

There was a safe harbor to donate EMRs. This was eliminated a few years back. I pretty sure they continued this practice after it was illegal.

There was much more than that. They setup in office path labs .

Everything was done for free of charge to build the lab.
Docs just had to provide the capital to buy the histo equipment.

They wanted the in office lab to do the basic H&E and then send them all the blocks for IHC and Special stains.
They made a lot on IHC/Specials TC this way. A GI doc in our area showed me all the lab plans and specs they did for him.

However, he blew them off and started his own IHC when the H&E fees got cut.

Reactions: 1 user

The real fraud is TC-PC arrangements aka profit sharing. If you don't leave 50% revenue on the table, Derms, GI's, and Urologists don't want to talk business.

Only labs will be fined or blamed. Why not those sucker urologist, gastroenterologist, dermatologist etc. Those should be prosecuted and barrred from CMS future payments!!!
What an idea that would be.