Misdemeanor and Pharmacy Licensing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

justonemoregirl

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

In college, I was arrested and given a conviction for a misdemeanor in trespassing. I'm hoping to go to pharmacy school and eventually get my License in Pharmacy. Will this make it impossible for me to obtain my licensing? I heard that this misdemeanor can prevent me from getting a license and I'm worried that after all my schooling, I'm going to end up not being able to actually become a pharmacist. =( Thanks
 
Last edited:
you should be ok. You just have to worry about felony convictions and misdemeanor convictions that involve drugs. Worse case scenario is that they put you on probation.
 
In Illinois, for pharmacists, drug related misdemeanors or any felony can lead to you not getting a license.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before you pay for a lawyer, check with your state board of pharmacy. If they don't care about it, I wouldn't worry about getting denied admission. Misdemeanor trespassing is not that big a deal as long as that's the only thing on your record.
 
Go to pharmacy school and relax. They care about felonies and DUIs. What you have is not a big deal.