Misdemeanor on AACOMAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPhysician

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the AACOMAS application, they ask you to list any misdemeanors/felonies that you have been convicted of. I was convicted of reckless driving (by speed) about a year ago (a Class I misdemeanor in my state). I was on the way to a brain injury camp and i hit lots of standstill traffic due to an accident, and tried to make up for it by speeding up some. I know i know, bad judgement call on my part. You live and you learn. I went to court and they fined me $250 and suspended my license w/ a restriction to drive to work.

My question is, how badly will this affect my chances at interviews/acceptances? and how should i go about explaining this in the AACOMAS app?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone speeds (or at least most people for those of you that are going to say, "uh I never speed"), don't worry about it. While I didnt have an reckless driving on mine, I definately had 4 other moving violations.

Members don't see this ad :)
DRKUBA said:
I agree. It probably won't matter. Let them know you're a huge NASCAR fan.

I love this reply :laugh: :laugh: Is he a Gordon Fan?? I was thinking he wasnt since while speeding he didnt hit the guardrail :thumbup:

DrPhysician said:
On the AACOMAS application, they ask you to list any misdemeanors/felonies that you have been convicted of. I was convicted of reckless driving (by speed) about a year ago (a Class I misdemeanor in my state). I was on the way to a brain injury camp and i hit lots of standstill traffic due to an accident, and tried to make up for it by speeding up some. I know i know, bad judgement call on my part. You live and you learn. I went to court and they fined me $250 and suspended my license w/ a restriction to drive to work.

My question is, how badly will this affect my chances at interviews/acceptances? and how should i go about explaining this in the AACOMAS app?

THANKS!

A "brain damage camp". You've got to be ****tin me?! This is very akward. You "hit lots of standstill traffic?! WOW! This sounds like something out of a movie. Then you decided to go faster? Was anyone physically injured? If not I bet this would make a really interesting story to the adcom.

Hardbody said:
A "brain damage camp". You've got to be ****tin me?! This is very akward. You "hit lots of standstill traffic?! WOW! This sounds like something out of a movie. Then you decided to go faster? Was anyone physically injured? If not I bet this would make a really interesting story to the adcom.

lol, don't crap your pants guy... the parts of the highway i sped on had virtually nonexistent traffic... (which still doesn't make up for the fact that i was speeding, and that's why i said "you live and you learn")

if there WAS traffic in the stretch that i was speeding excessively on, the charge would have been "Intent to Kill" and not "reckless driving"

and no, nobody was physically injured... i'm sure almost everyone has hit the 85mph mark in their cars at one point or another

oh for sure. I got busted for an 89 in a 70 the other day. ****ing Indiana cops.