Misdemeanor on record

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jo07

Dingo
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has advice for me...I got a ticket for possession of false ID 2.5 years ago, and I won't be able to get it expunged until after I apply to dental schools.

Can anyone tell me if a) many schools ask in the application
b) if I have to put it in my application (since it will be off this Novemeber)
c) Am I screwed?

I am aware that some states, in particular Virginia, is very strict about this.

Thank you all in advance,

Joanna

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend who was accepted after having just been charged with a DUI. I think you can only be honest when you reflect on the experience then hope they will see that it had a positive inpact on you. Good luck.

Yeah, just be honest with your response and you HAVE To be bring it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to 3 schools with 2 misdemeanor arrests. Both of which were equivalent or worse than having a fake ID.

Just be honest, and generally no one will care to even ask at the interview except offhand. Realize that the interviewers are just people themselves. If they themselves haven't been caught for similar minor offenses, I'm sure some were still guilty of having done them in their past too...not to mention some of their family or friends.

The interviewers aren't angels.

That happen to me too about a year ago.. Luckily when I went to court for it, the judge was tight and he dropped to a civil offense (disturbing the peace).. but you will be fine dude...

-plus come on...thats really not a crime anyway! :)

No worries. Felonies are the only think that prevent you from being admitted. No one with a felony can be licensed in the U.S., so if dental schools do a background check (most do) they are looking for felonies, not misdemeanors.

just apply to schools in big college towns where underage drinking is encouraged and the adcom will see that you fit right in :p

I'm wondering if anyone has advice for me...I got a ticket for possession of false ID 2.5 years ago, and I won't be able to get it expunged until after I apply to dental schools.

c) Am I screwed?

Joanna

You bad, bad girl. No seriously, you'll be fine.

Definitely tell them about it. Something that insignificant will only hurt you if you hide it and then after getting accepted (when they do a back ground check) they find out. If they think you hid something or lied to them they'll drop you.

That happen to me too about a year ago.. Luckily when I went to court for it, the judge was tight and he dropped to a civil offense (disturbing the peace).. but you will be fine dude...

-plus come on...thats really not a crime anyway! :)

My judge just dropped the case. I guess she figured I was reallllllyyyy tight on my **** :cool:. Lol jk, no but seriously, she dropped it because of my charm. :D

c) Am I screwed?

Joanna

You'll be fine. In the future, beware of things like that. I know people who have been denied licenses to practice because of DUIs, so be careful.

You'll be fine. In the future, beware of things like that. I know people who have been denied licenses to practice because of DUIs, so be careful.

Care to elaborate?