Misdemeanor Wet/reckless Conviction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chuckeecheeze

Reaction score
I was convicted of a Wet and Reckless Misdemeanor 9 years ago. No other criminal history. I will likely have it dismissed by the time I apply for Medical School, but curious about the repercussions of if for some reason it is not removed by then. Any input?

(I read page 24 of the AAMCAs application information.)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Better to wait till you can apply without it on the app.

Do be careful about making sure the extent to which this is being dismissed/expunged. If you were already convicted 9 years ago, I do not know how that will work when it is time for the background check.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Better to wait till you can apply without it on the app.

Do be careful about making sure the extent to which this is being dismissed/expunged. If you were already convicted 9 years ago, I do not know how that will work when it is time for the background check.
Neither do I... The paperwork I have is a Petition for Dismissal. It is for cleaning up a criminal record in California. Page 24 of the AAMCAS download says this: "You must indicate whether you have ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a
misdemeanor crime, excluding (3) any misdemeanor convictions for which you completed any probation and for which the court dismissed the case."

Definitely do not want to leave any more room for integrity issues to be seen in my application, though. So I will check it out much more before applying next year.

If all else fails, move...

Nevada Residents Only report those convictions that occurred within the past seven years.
New Hampshire Residents Only report those convictions that have taken place in the past seven years. Convictions that have been annulled will not necessarily disqualify you from employment.

There are different rules depending on your state of residence rather than where the crime took place. These are specified by state law.

Reactions: 1 users