Missed a page!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprawl2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got paged this morning at 730 and I didn't realize I got the page til 8ish because my pager was switched to vibrate mode by accident (it was in my pocket the entire night last night).
Anyhoo, I tried calling them at different phones but the persons who picked up said no one paged psych and there is no psych consult pending.
This is frustrating.

Members don't see this ad.

I got paged this morning at 730 and I didn't realize I got the page til 8ish because my pager was switched to vibrate mode by accident (it was in my pocket the entire night last night).
Anyhoo, I tried calling them at different phones but the persons who picked up said no one paged psych and there is no psych consult pending.
This is frustrating.
And you are posting this on this forum because...

Dude, we are good around here but we have not acquired telepathic power to figure out who paged you at 7:30. That will come with time.

This is frustrating.

If your worst page reply/missed page is 30 minutes you are doing pretty darn good...

It is the person who paged with no identifying information who should be blamed. Besides, if it is that important, they will call back. Relax, not many psych emergencies that cant be solved with a sitter :p

Reactions: 1 users
(A) 30 minutes to hear back from a psych consult would be better than average at my hospital

(B) leaving identifying information (for both the patient the consult is requested on, and the person paging you) is paging etiquette 101

Reactions: 1 user
While it's important to answer every page promptly, if it's really important they usually will page again. I think few residents go through residency without some snafu resulting in a dropped page. Batteries die unexpectedly, paging systems do funny things when you get two calls simultaneously, you can get two pages from the same place and not realize they are distinct, you can be working a long code while things are happening elsewhere in the hospital. It happens. People call back or figure out how to get by without you.

Maybe whatever you got paged about solved itself and really didn't need your input in the first place and they never should have paged you to start with.