• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

CaliGal777

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
As the title states , the interview invite got sent to the junk folder and I never saw it. I got an email stating my application was withdrawn. I called AdComs who told me as such that the interview invite was sent however they do realize and see it was never opened.

I profusely apologized, and to my surprise, they said they will be resending it and to please confirm.

Should I consider myself lucky?Do I need to write another note to apologize, just a bit paranoid if I screwed my chances up. Thanks.

Drsecondchance

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2018
As the title states , the interview invite got sent to the junk folder and I never saw it. I got an email stating my application was withdrawn. I called AdComs who told me as such that the interview invite was sent however they do realize and see it was never opened.

I profusely apologized, and to my surprise, they said they will be resending it and to please confirm.

Should I consider myself lucky?Do I need to write another note to apologize, just a bit paranoid if I screwed my chances up. Thanks.
I think this has been handled. You showed yourself to be sincere, interested, and concerned. Just act quickly and take the interview!

Reactions: 1 users

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student

You made a common mistake, it's OK.

If you want to atone, have a great interview!!

About the Ads

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician

Consider yourself very lucky! and more importantly, make a plan to make sure it never happens again. Some applicants make emails just for interviews and even rig their phone and email to text instantly when an email with the word "interview" or "invite" is in the subject.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

CaliGal777

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Consider yourself very lucky! and more importantly, make a plan to make sure it never happens again. Some applicants make emails just for interviews and even rig their phone and email to text instantly when an email with the word "interview" or "invite" is in the subject.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
I had other interview invites come through just fine. It was something with the school. They actually told me not to worry because many applicants had the same issue. It was the way the email was formatted and hence filters picked up on it, so yeh, made me feel better it wasnt truly me. Going to hopefully rock it.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.