Missed my interview invite!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliGal777

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title states , the interview invite got sent to the junk folder and I never saw it. I got an email stating my application was withdrawn. I called AdComs who told me as such that the interview invite was sent however they do realize and see it was never opened.

I profusely apologized, and to my surprise, they said they will be resending it and to please confirm.

Should I consider myself lucky?Do I need to write another note to apologize, just a bit paranoid if I screwed my chances up. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

As the title states , the interview invite got sent to the junk folder and I never saw it. I got an email stating my application was withdrawn. I called AdComs who told me as such that the interview invite was sent however they do realize and see it was never opened.

I profusely apologized, and to my surprise, they said they will be resending it and to please confirm.

Should I consider myself lucky?Do I need to write another note to apologize, just a bit paranoid if I screwed my chances up. Thanks.
I think this has been handled. You showed yourself to be sincere, interested, and concerned. Just act quickly and take the interview!

Reactions: 1 users

You made a common mistake, it's OK.

If you want to atone, have a great interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Consider yourself very lucky! and more importantly, make a plan to make sure it never happens again. Some applicants make emails just for interviews and even rig their phone and email to text instantly when an email with the word "interview" or "invite" is in the subject.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Consider yourself very lucky! and more importantly, make a plan to make sure it never happens again. Some applicants make emails just for interviews and even rig their phone and email to text instantly when an email with the word "interview" or "invite" is in the subject.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
I had other interview invites come through just fine. It was something with the school. They actually told me not to worry because many applicants had the same issue. It was the way the email was formatted and hence filters picked up on it, so yeh, made me feel better it wasnt truly me. Going to hopefully rock it.