missed my step 2 cs help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edkim23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I missed my testing date for step 2 CS on 12/20/13. Now there is no testing dates available in my eligibility period. Not sure of what I am supposed to do next! When is the absolute last date I can take Step 2 CS?

Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would think the "last date" depends. Some programs require it for ranking, some (most?) schools require it for graduation, and then the majority of programs require it before starting residency. And the results do take a while. The sooner the better.

I missed my testing date for step 2 CS on 12/20/13. Now there is no testing dates available in my eligibility period. Not sure of what I am supposed to do next! When is the absolute last date I can take Step 2 CS?

Please help!!

You can take a look at the score reporting schedule (http://www.usmle.org/step-2-cs/#reporting) to plan the next date. I would have been ideal to have the test done by the 12/31 (score would have been available prior to RoL due date). But that may no longer be an option for you. Download check4change and see if you can find a date within your eligibility period. Also, make sure to communicate with the programs you are interested in to let them know your plans for CS (some schools require/prefer to have it done prior to ranking).