Missing 1 pre-req to keep acceptance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KPs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got accepted into Stony and Rutgers, however I'm missing 1 semester of Biochem from my pre reqs and I'm really worried since I don't know where to take it as barely any places have it during the summer. I really want to go to stony brook, but the pre- req is missing.

I'm here in in a pickle since Rutgers doesn't require it, but Stony would be better for me since I'm in state and I'm worried that I won't be able to take it and keep my Stony brook acceptance, Anyone has any advice?

I'm considering calling and asking if I can taking it online, but I'm worried since people tell me that online courses are 100% based on the final for the most part and I haven ever taken and online course so it is worrying. I'm so worried that I might actually pay the deposit for both schools, what do you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you not take it over the summer?

I just can't find where to take it the only available place that have it is NYU (too expensive for me 5.2k) and Fordham and I'm worried about putting all my eggs in the Fordham class since current students get priority over visiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking UNE's Medical Biochemistry and I checked with some of the dental schools and they said it is ok. You should look into this and check with Stony Brook. P.S. I went to undergrad at Stony Brook.

If I were you, I would apply to both NYU and Fordham for whatever summer session biochem is offered in. You need to do this immediately since Im sure deadlines for non degree apps are approaching. If you manage to snag a seat at Fordham, great! If not, you still have NYU to fall back on. And of neither works out then you still have Rutgers.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, call Stony Brook ASAP tomorrow and ask what they think about the online course. If they allow it, then even better cause you can ignore my first paragraph ;)

I just can't find where to take it the only available place that have it is NYU (too expensive for me 5.2k) and Fordham and I'm worried about putting all my eggs in the Fordham class since current students get priority over visiting.

5.2k is a drop in the bucket when compared to Stony Brook x 4 years vs. Rutgers x 4 years

Reactions: 1 user
I called Stony brook to check if they accept online classes they told me they don't. However, it is not a big deal since I was able to pay the class fee for fordham and as long as the pay goes in you get a reserved seat as a visiting student so I got bio chem secured for the summer for the most past.

I called Stony brook to check if they accept online classes they told me they don't. However, it is not a big deal since I was able to pay the class fee for fordham and as long as the pay goes in you get a reserved seat as a visiting student so I got bio chem secured for the summer for the most past.

Its good to hear you got registration for the class! And congratulations on your acceptance, thats awesome! I had a question for you about stony brook dental, I'm in-state as well and went to UB for my undergrad and graduated this year. Stony brook is my top choice and I was wondering if you could share what your stats were and how selective they are since they only accept about 35-40 students each year. Thanks :)