Missing Loan Repayments and Pharmacy License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine who isn't in pharmacy told me I'm crazy when I told him how much student loan debt I have. He claims if I ever miss a payment, that they can take away my license/diploma, etc. Seems like a bunch of BS. Why would they take away my license, if they do that, I'm less likely to be able to pay back the loans?

Members don't see this ad.

Friend of mine who isn't in pharmacy told me I'm crazy when I told him how much student loan debt I have. He claims if I ever miss a payment, that they can take away my license/diploma, etc. Seems like a bunch of BS. Why would they take away my license, if they do that, I'm less likely to be able to pay back the loans?

The Oklahoma State Board will revoke a permit if you default on loans. I don't know if it's state dependent on what, but that's the rule here.

Defaulting is missing like 9 payments in a row so don't worry about it. Even if you can't make the pyament you can communicate with the lender some kind of repayment schedule to avoid default.

Members don't see this ad :)
definitely don't worry. Student loan lenders generally bend over backwards to ensure that they are at least getting some money from you

Your license can be revoked if you default on your student loans. In order for you to default, you would have to miss payments consecutively without informing your lenders.

They will take away your license because you are a professional and bound by a code of ethics. It is unethical and unresponsible for you to take out more than 6 figures and then stop paying it without notifying your lenders for a deferrment.

Seems so random, it's like "hey you can't seem to pay your loans, so we're going to revoke your only means of making money."

But if you get to the point of default (missing lots of payments), you probably have other issues going on, and that's straight up your fault for not requesting a forbearance

Seems so random, it's like "hey you can't seem to pay your loans, so we're going to revoke your only means of making money."

But if you get to the point of default (missing lots of payments), you probably have other issues going on, and that's straight up your fault for not requesting a forbearance

You know what's really dumb? Ohio's pharmacy law.

The board will take away your license if you fail to pay alimony or child support. Because obviously you will magically be able to pay up when you have no license to work. What a bunch of geniuses. :rolleyes: