Missing LOR and changing recommender later?

Started by mgs50
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mgs50

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried searching for this topic but I didn't seem to find exactly what I wanted to ask so hopefully someone can help me =)

So I have two professor LORs completed already, and I asked a pharmacist for the last letter over a month ago. Now I am back at school, and I haven't been able to get in touch with the pharmacist being he still hasn't e-submitted his recommendation.

Now, one of the schools I am applying to has a November deadline, and it only requires 2 LORs. I was thinking about e-submitting now so I do not get pushed too far behind. All of the other schools I am applying to have later deadlines, so then when the 3rd letter comes in, the schools I am applying to that need that 3rd letter will receive it.

But... what happens if this pharmacist totally forgets and I can't get in touch with him? I know he would give me a great recommendation, but he seems a little forgetful. Would I be able to change that 3rd recommender after I e-submit if a problem such as this arises? I really hope it doesn't, but I can't help but get worried over something like this.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!