Missing school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BandGeek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 24 schools (only one was non-MSTP) and have heard from all---but one. I obviously didn't get an interview, but am sort of annoyed by not getting any response (I did spend $80 on an application fee!) Has this happened to anyone else? Should I write and/or call the school and give them a piece of my mind :confused: ?

Members don't see this ad.

I had one school like that too...and I had to do a lot of extra work tracking down missing recommendations in their med school office, so I'm a little annoyed.

Call them and ask what's going on. I've said it 100 times during this and the last application cycle, and I'll keep saying it. Don't be shy about calling admissions offices to ask about your status! As long as you aren't disrespectful or neurotic (e.g. calling them at regular intervals), it is not going to hurt you. If anything it could help--maybe they didn't get something required from you due to the postal service or maybe they just misplaced something. Often times, they don't bother to contact you about it, they just mark your application incomplete and move on. Of course it's too late to fix it now, but perhaps it will unearth something interesting. Sometimes calling to check your app status will spur the school into thinking you're interested. I know one student for example who called to ask about their waitlist and asked if they could come to the second look because the school was their first choice. Lo' and behold, they ended up at the second look AND bumped up on the waitlist.

Also, if you're going to post things about admissions offices, please say which school you're referring to. Others may be in the same boat wondering what's going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from the University of Chicago. I wrote them an e-mail in early February and they said I was still in consideration, and that they were "later" in making the decision process.

BandGeek said:
I haven't heard from the University of Chicago. I wrote them an e-mail in early February and they said I was still in consideration, and that they were "later" in making the decision process.

I haven't heard a peep from them either. Or Hopkins. *shrug*

add Stanford to the list and they dare to cash my check. What the... @#$%^%!#$%....

My missing file is from UChicago also...and I didn't call because I lost interest by the time they started interviewing anyhow. If the disorganization with files reflects anything about the program...

Columbia and NYU do the silence thing too. Doesn't matter but grrr nevertheless!