Missing State FAFSA Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AggieMed05

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen this topic posted before but couldn't find much in terms of answers.

My deal is that I missed the 3/2 "priority" submission date for CA. On another post I read that if you miss the school's date they award you less money (a lot less) than you would get otherwise. I'm gonna send the thing in this week but now I'm a little worried. Can they really do that?!?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen this topic posted before but couldn't find much in terms of answers.

My deal is that I missed the 3/2 "priority" submission date for CA. On another post I read that if you miss the school's date they award you less money (a lot less) than you would get otherwise. I'm gonna send the thing in this week but now I'm a little worried. Can they really do that?!?

Ok so this is from FAFSA:

Finally, even if you’ve completely missed filing deadlines, you are still encouraged to file your FAFSA. Regardless of when you apply, you should be eligible for at least the Federal Stafford and Parent (PLUS) loans, which offer very favorable terms. And if you demonstrate need, Federal Pell Grants and other forms of aid may still be available.

You'll be fine, but your chance for need-based aid is probably reduced if your school is already sending out packages. If your school is behind like most then you haven't missed anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know when the deadline is for your school?