Missoula cc/anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2win

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys you should take a look...

Members don't see this ad.

Great group, but either they checked the wrong max income box, or I made a big miscalculation in turning them down for a different Montana job. The income they quoted me is less than 1/2 that and I was fairly far along in the interview process.

- pod

Great group, but either they checked the wrong max income box, or I made a big miscalculation in turning them down for a different Montana job. The income they quoted me is less than 1/2 that and I was fairly far along in the interview process.

- pod

If they paid that much, I'd be doing a 2nd fellowship and working on my cold weather survival skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
Job posting is now fixed and the income is approximately reflective of the offer that I received when I interviewed there.

- pod

Job posting is now fixed and the income is approximately reflective of the offer that I received when I interviewed there.

- pod

POD,

If you don't mind me asking (and its not too specific), what is the practice you decided on like - meaning case mix, payor mix, salary, benefits etc.

I have a friend who is an attending in Bozeman and absolutely loves it! I'm curious b/c I will also be CT fellowship trained and am curious as to what that may translate to in the future.

Thanks.

- pod

It was to good to be true - I mean the income and the area. I don't know to much about the group.
So they used some false numbers to lure applicants....
Seems that is becoming the norm instead of the exception.
2win

I know the group well. They did not purposefully post misleading numbers, it was an error in filling out the Gasworks form. They are a great and up-front group and I had a really hard time deciding between them and the group that I ultimately joined.

Believe me, they do not need to post false numbers to lure applicants to that practice. They have an incredible group with excellent income in a really cool city. The ICU arrangement they have is pretty awesome too IMHO.

- pod

I know the group well. They did not purposefully post misleading numbers, it was an error in filling out the Gasworks form. They are a great and up-front group and I had a really hard time deciding between them and the group that I ultimately joined.

Believe me, they do not need to post false numbers to lure applicants to that practice. They have an incredible group with excellent income in a really cool city. The ICU arrangement they have is pretty awesome too IMHO.

- pod

I think so - this was one of the places that I wanted to go...
I hope that their model for ICU will extend to other places too.