Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almostglue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard from Missouri? There's one person on the accepted list (DVM2b, congrats by the way) that was accepted, but has anyone else heard anything? I would assume that since they don't interview out-of-staters that those would all be sent out reasonably close to the same time, but I have heard nothing from them. I guess I should call and check, but I don't want to be a nuisance. Any in-staters heard from them? I can understand the different applicant 'pools' but without interviews I just wouldn't have expected so much lag time between letting out-of-staters know. Or maybe everyone is just hearing bad things. This could always be the case... I'm just paranoid in general at this point. Oh well...

Members don't see this ad.

almostglue said:
Has anyone else heard from Missouri? There's one person on the accepted list (DVM2b, congrats by the way) that was accepted, but has anyone else heard anything? I would assume that since they don't interview out-of-staters that those would all be sent out reasonably close to the same time, but I have heard nothing from them. I guess I should call and check, but I don't want to be a nuisance. Any in-staters heard from them? I can understand the different applicant 'pools' but without interviews I just wouldn't have expected so much lag time between letting out-of-staters know. Or maybe everyone is just hearing bad things. This could always be the case... I'm just paranoid in general at this point. Oh well...

Maybe they are waiting to see how many out of states are going to accept their offers. I am going there Monday to look at the school. What I thought was cool about Missouri is they pay to fly you out to look at the school and will let apply for in state tuition after the first year. So I think am going to decide between there and Minnesota but I still have not ruled out Purdue and Auburn. Hopefully good news is on its way for you. Good luck!

I'm an out-of-stater also, and haven't heard anything from Missouri at all :\ I had kind of given up on them, haha! Perhaps I should wait... please let me know if you hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an out of stater too and haven't heard anything either. Will post if I hear something (good or bad).

DVM2b said:
Maybe they are waiting to see how many out of states are going to accept their offers. I am going there Monday to look at the school. What I thought was cool about Missouri is they pay to fly you out to look at the school and will let apply for in state tuition after the first year. So I think am going to decide between there and Minnesota but I still have not ruled out Purdue and Auburn. Hopefully good news is on its way for you. Good luck!

Be sure to let us know how you like it there :) And holy crap, congrats on how many acceptances you've gotten. I noticed the abudance of your alias on the acceptance thread.
Though I must give you a strong shake-of-the-fists for applying to so many schools with such an obviously glowing application ;) Taking acceptance letters from the rest of us, hrmph!
I kid, of course :) Congrats!

tygris said:
Be sure to let us know how you like it there :) And holy crap, congrats on how many acceptances you've gotten. I noticed the abudance of your alias on the acceptance thread.
Though I must give you a strong shake-of-the-fists for applying to so many schools with such an obviously glowing application ;) Taking acceptance letters from the rest of us, hrmph!
I kid, of course :) Congrats!

Thank you but I have had my share of rejections including my state school, Davis. Good luck!

DVM2b said:
Thank you but I have had my share of rejections including my state school, Davis. Good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, DVM2b, how many schools did you apply to?

mochavet said:
If you don't mind me asking, DVM2b, how many schools did you apply to?

I applied to 17 schools. I know that is a lot but I was really afraid I would not get in anywhere. How many did you apply to?

WOW that must have cost you a TON of MONEY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I applied to 10 this year! 4 my first year, 3 my second year because I was pretty sure I wasn't getting in... but holy crap, I thought 10 was a lot!!!
And paying for all those interview trips too, yeesh, I don't even want to think of it... it boggles the mind!
I sure hope your colleges don't charge for transcripts, cuz mine do :)

DVM2b said:
I applied to 17 schools. I know that is a lot but I was really afraid I would not get in anywhere. How many did you apply to?

DVM2b said:

I only applied to three and I thought that took a lot of time and money. I can't imagine applying to 17! Wow, you sure are persistant and determined, which is great :D . I only wish I had as many schools to choose from as you do. Congrats and good luck!

I got my lovely rejection from them today, FYI :) And I'm out-of-state. But oh well, I wasn't going to go there anyhoo. Good luck!

almostglue said:

DVM2b said:
wow, I guess that disproves the belief that you shouldn't apply to more than 3 schools!