Mistake in Temple Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blackstars

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future colleagues,

If you received a rejection letter from Temple, call them to make sure it is indeed a rejection. I received a rejection letter from them two days ago, but today Bryan called me, to apologize for the mistake, it was supposed to be a letter requsting interview. I don't know how many people might have been affected by this blunder, so to be on the safe side call.

P.S. I'll probably not go to the interview, I just finished my UPENN interview this thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

This is only a tiny mistake in the admissions process, right??
And I am sure happends at every school.

Wow... just when you thought that the application process couldnt get any more stressful. imagine they send you a rejection letter, let you dwell on it for a while, and then say JUST KIDDING!!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
tinman831 said:
Wow... just when you thought that the application process couldnt get any more stressful. imagine they send you a rejection letter, let you dwell on it for a while, and then say JUST KIDDING!!! :laugh:

You have given it the best words ever. :laugh:

Just imagine the kinds of 'mistakes' that can happen with the whole application process. A file flung in the wrong pile could mean an acceptance for someone or a rejection. Lord help us! :eek:

or how about an mistaken "acceptance"

congrats on your acceptance son... two days later JUST Kiddin meant to send a rejection

OHMIGOSH! :eek: absolutely horrible. can people get sued for that? :( imagine the joy and then........... the crash!

i think if they accepted you on accident, they should honor that. imagine if you decline other schools because u thought u got accepted there to find out it was a mistake.

wasnt there something in the news a while back about a university that accidently sent out acceptance emails to students when they werent supposed to be accepted?

rocknightmare said:
or how about an mistaken "acceptance"

congrats on your acceptance son... two days later JUST Kiddin meant to send a rejection

well, that actually did happen to someone on this forum 2 years ago. His InfoSource (which is only updated by dental schools) said he was accepted to BU and the school said no decision was made yet. poor guy... that was his only acceptance and it was around March or April. After about 2 weeks of HELL, BU finally sent him an official acceptance letter.