Mistake in Thank You Note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlebearfanpage

Reaction score
I accidentally wrote "Dear [wrong school acronym]SOM" instead of "Dear [actual school]COM" in my post-interview thank you note. Is this an auto-reject? (LOL) Should I send an apology as a followup? The school asked for thank you notes to be uploaded as updates to their portal, so the followup would be through the same. I know how idiotic this was, just wondering if there's any damage control I can do. For context this interview was entirely MMI and was a little over a week ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I accidentally wrote "Dear XXXSOM" instead of "Dear XXCOM" in my post-interview thank you note. Is this an auto-reject? Should I send an apology as a followup? The school asked for thank you notes to be uploaded as updates to their portal, so the followup would be through the same. I know how idiotic this was, just wondering if there's any damage control I can do. For context this interview was entirely MMI and was a little over a week ago.
Nobody will notice

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Our own Director of Admissions has been known to slip and refer to us as XSOM instead of XCOM. You don’t need to worry.

Reactions: 1 users
Our own Director of Admissions has been known to slip and refer to us as XSOM instead of XCOM. You don’t need to worry.
Ah LOL - here I accidentally wrote the wrong school (like I wrote the acronym for an entirely diff school I interviewed for T_T)

Last edited:
  • Care
Ah LOL - here I accidentally wrote the wrong school (like I wrote the acronym for an entirely diff school I interviewed for T_T)
well now that's worse. Don't draw attention to it and if it's obvious they'll get a good laugh and if it's subtle they still may not notice

Did you write a post ii thank you note "accidentally" directed to Harvard? This other school may want to snatch you up after that ngl.