Mistake in transcript entry- how to address on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scienceolympian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a reapplicant for DO Schools and I'm retake the MCAT. I'm filling out AACOMAS now. I have a 506 MCAT, 3.6 overall gpa, 3.45 sgpa, 1000 clinical volunteering hours, leadership experiences, and research experience. So, I paid for professional transcript entry last year and I missed one of the incorrect grades. A D+ was entered instead of an A+ for a 4 credit science class. So this year I got the error fixed, but I wasn't sure how to address this when they asked the question of what did you do to improve your application? I'm going to talk about retaking the MCAT and new volunteering experiences, but I want to mention the gpa error.

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, that grade discrepancy is not worth putting on improvement from prior app cycle. I think that area is more for experiences you picked up, awards you've earned, degree updates etc.

Didn't AACOMAS fix the grade for you last cycle when you sent in official transcripts?

IMO, that grade discrepancy is not worth putting on improvement from prior app cycle. I think that area is more for experiences you picked up, awards you've earned, degree updates etc.

Didn't AACOMAS fix the grade for you last cycle when you sent in official transcripts?
Thank you so much for your advice! We went back and forth for a while and unfortunately, they didn't until this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your advice! We went back and forth for a while and unfortunately, they didn't until this year.

Even though it's a 4 credit course, a D+ GPA discrepancy is pretty significant...
I'd address it if it has moved your overall GPA a substantial amount

Even though it's a 4 credit course, a D+ GPA discrepancy is pretty significant...
I'd address it if it has moved your overall GPA a substantial amount
It has shifted my overall and science gpas a good amount, I just wasn't sure how to adress it? Thanks

It may be worth noting there was a discrepancy in the grade, however, this section seems to be more about what have YOU done to improve as a person....

What have you done to better your self? Further enriched, gave back more, etc.... or did you just quit doing all of that and sit around for a year waiting.... I'd assume they want to know that you are constantly trying to improve/become better/give back.

Not AdComs, just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk