Mistaken UNLV rejection

Started by harjay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

harjay

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a denial email this morning from UNLV.
I was disappointed, but I called to confirm it and ask what I can do to better my app for next year.
I talked with the Director of admissions (Dr. Ancajas), and she confirmed that I got a denial email, but after looking at my physical file, she informed me that it was supposed to be an interview invite email 😱

So I am now scheduled for Dec 13th interview 🙂

Lesson learned: CALL TO CONFIRM YOUR REJECTIONS!
 
I got a denial email this morning from UNLV.
I was disappointed, but I called to confirm it and ask what I can do to better my app for next year.
I talked with the Director of admissions (Dr. Ancajas), and she confirmed that I got a denial email, but after looking at my physical file, she informed me that it was supposed to be an interview invite email 😱

So I am now scheduled for Dec 13th interview 🙂

Lesson learned: CALL TO CONFIRM YOUR REJECTIONS!

That's cool 😉. Consider yourself lucky to a point too. During my interview at UNLV, Dr. Ancajas told us that they practically become mortal enemies with "no-shows" which you would have been had you not confirmed. Good luck at your interview, the building is extremely nice.
 
I got a denial email this morning from UNLV.
I was disappointed, but I called to confirm it and ask what I can do to better my app for next year.
I talked with the Director of admissions (Dr. Ancajas), and she confirmed that I got a denial email, but after looking at my physical file, she informed me that it was supposed to be an interview invite email 😱

So I am now scheduled for Dec 13th interview 🙂

Lesson learned: CALL TO CONFIRM YOUR REJECTIONS!

WOW...thanks for the heads up and CONGRATS ON THE INTERVIEW 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Humm, I got the rejection e-mail too... maybe I should call. Should I just ask for them to check my file and verify my rejection?
 
That's cool 😉. Consider yourself lucky to a point too. During my interview at UNLV, Dr. Ancajas told us that they practically become mortal enemies with "no-shows" which you would have been had you not confirmed. Good luck at your interview, the building is extremely nice.

The facility is only about 5 years old, so EVERYTHING is nice and new. My exposure is limited to clinic, but personally I really like UNLV. The faculty there is very good, and very open to students.
 
So I called them today and they said my file was still under review, even though I got the rejection e-mail... I mentioned the email asked her to make sure and she said that I should wait until Friday? Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
 
So I called them today and they said my file was still under review, even though I got the rejection e-mail... I mentioned the email asked her to make sure and she said that I should wait until Friday? Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
wow I have gotten 3 rejections so far and i havnt called them to cofirm the rejection. I am gonna do that first thing in the morning tomorrow.
 
When I called back to schedule I was set for Dec 13th, but later found out I have 2 finals that day :scared:
So I had to reschedule to January 10th :/