Step II # mistakes and NBME correlation

Started by lordman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lordman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There has been a similar thread in step 1 forums where they calculated the number of mistakes on NBME and the NBME score. The then most recent forms were 13 and 15 where 25-29 mistakes correlated with 240, 20 mistakes with 250.

The most recent NBME form in step 2 is NBME 7, could you list how many mistakes you had and NBME 7 score, so we can have a sense of correlation?

@Phloston starts first please!!


PS: someone would ask, how does this help us in the real deal? Just to give you an approximate number of real score and how many mistakes in the real deal (e.g., if 20 mistakes get you 250 in NBME 7, then to get a 250 in the real deal, you need to have less than (20 / 200) X (44 X 8).
 
There has been a similar thread in step 1 forums where they calculated the number of mistakes on NBME and the NBME score. The then most recent forms were 13 and 15 where 25-29 mistakes correlated with 240, 20 mistakes with 250.

The most recent NBME form in step 2 is NBME 7, could you list how many mistakes you had and NBME 7 score, so we can have a sense of correlation?

@Phloston starts first please!!


PS: someone would ask, how does this help us in the real deal? Just to give you an approximate number of real score and how many mistakes in the real deal (e.g., if 20 mistakes get you 250 in NBME 7, then to get a 250 in the real deal, you need to have less than (20 / 200) X (44 X 8).

I can't remember the exact number I got wrong offhand, but it was something like:

NBME4 = 22 wrong = 248
NBME6 = 20 wrong = 250
NBME7 = 21 wrong = 260

As I said, I can't remember the exact numbers offhand, but I'm certain I got one or two more wrong on NBME7 than NBMEs 4 and 6 and scored ten points higher. And my UWSA = NBME7 = the real deal. I'd say NBMEs4 and 6 are garbage and outdated.