MMI Role-Playing Scenarios

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frosty42

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has experience with MMIs - did you practice the acting/role-playing types of scenarios prior to your interviews?

I feel fairly comfortable discussing an ethical dilemma or participating in a teamwork activity, but the "acting" scenarios are throwing me off and I doubt I'll be able to legitimately practice those prior to my MMIs.

I know every school is different, but are most MMIs usually those acting types of scenarios or are they usually hypothetical discussion (ex: what would you do if you saw your coworker drinking alcohol even though they're on call)?

Members don't see this ad.

The acting scenarios were pretty cringey imo and not a good gauge at all of who will be a good/nice to be around medical student. Maybe an adcom will be able to give more advice for what they look for during the acting.

what would you do if you saw your coworker drinking alcohol even though they're on call?

I would not expect a softball like this. Anticipate stuff that does not have a clear ethical answer. Not necessarily to the level of abortion or should 🍊 man should have been impeached, but also not as easy as drinking on call or forcing a JW to receive blood products.

Reactions: 1 users