mnemonics for FA micro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who haven't had a chance to read over mmrs or similar texts, are there good mnemnocis to learn micro from FA? all the stuff sounds the same. The antibacterial spectrum is horrendous.

Members don't see this ad.

bulldog said:
for those who haven't had a chance to read over mmrs or similar texts, are there good mnemnocis to learn micro from FA? all the stuff sounds the same. The antibacterial spectrum is horrendous.

MMRS is a pretty quick read. It took me about a day to go through it all, cover to cover. If you don't have time, skim through the pages and pay attention to the pictures. I know this is not an answer to your question, just trying to help! Good luck!

4CDirect said:
MMRS is a pretty quick read. It took me about a day to go through it all, cover to cover. If you don't have time, skim through the pages and pay attention to the pictures. I know this is not an answer to your question, just trying to help! Good luck!

I tossed and turned on this one mnemonic that someone told me about which bacteria have capsules for a question... :confused:

Some Killers Have Pretty Nice Capsules

Streptococcus Pneumoniae, Klebsiella, Haemophilus, Pseudomonas, Neisseria, C....I have no clue (Cryptococcus but it's not a bacteria). Anyone else know?

Pox in a box said:
I tossed and turned on this one mnemonic that someone told me about which bacteria have capsules for a question... :confused:

Some Killers Have Pretty Nice Capsules

Streptococcus Pneumoniae, Klebsiella, Haemophilus, Pseudomonas, Neisseria, C....I have no clue (Cryptococcus but it's not a bacteria). Anyone else know?

How about C for capsule?
Here are some others though that aren't in that one:
Bacillus anthracis, E coli, Salmonella, Bordetella pertussis and Yersinia pestis
(from The Micro Companion)