MOCA without ASA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greenbayslacker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is ASA membership required for MOCA CME or to stay current in any way or form? Getting tired of their constant money grabs and manipulative behavior.

In May 2023 I received an offer for the “early career membership” program, which lists “three years of membership for a one-time fee” as a main benefit. Now six months later, they are saying that this three year period ends three years after fellowship, so my membership is about to expire and I need to renew for $1,100+! Why would they offer me the program six months ago then! They should honor their original offer, but if they don’t, I would like to stay in MOCA without them.

Members don't see this ad.

Is ASA membership required for MOCA CME or to stay current in any way or form? Getting tired of their constant money grabs and manipulative behavior.

In May 2023 I received an offer for the “early career membership” program, which lists “three years of membership for a one-time fee” as a main benefit. Now six months later, they are saying that this three year period ends three years after fellowship, so my membership is about to expire and I need to renew for $1,100+! Why would they offer me the program six months ago then! They should honor their original offer, but if they don’t, I would like to stay in MOCA without them.
I am not a member of ASA but I am still doing MOCA...

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently realized that I did not do much with regards to CME and QI Projects for the MOCA and the 10 year period is next year. Just did the MOCA questions every year. Is there a way to do it? What happens if I do not complete?

Reactions: 1 user
Recently realized that I did not do much with regards to CME and QI Projects for the MOCA and the 10 year period is next year. Just did the MOCA questions every year. Is there a way to do it? What happens if I do not complete?
I can’t say for sure, but I’d bet they extort some $$$ from you and give you more time.

I realize now you're talking about getting CME for doing MOCA minute questions. Not just speaking in general terms about having to get CME for MOCA. I thought you could just pay a premium to get CME credit for them if you're not an ASA member.

I realize now you're talking about getting CME for doing MOCA minute questions. Not just speaking in general terms about having to get CME for MOCA. I thought you could just pay a premium to get CME credit for them if you're not an ASA member.
Did anyone receive their 2023 CME credit for MOCA? I cannot find the evaluation on the ASA education center to claim credit.