modality - light cluster?

Started by oschrndz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oschrndz

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that are in school or already practicing – what exactly is light cluster modality? I'm a volunteer at a PT clinic and for my own knowledge I was told to do a 1-page write-up of the different modalities we use at the clinic. Unfortunately, light cluster is one of the modalities I haven't observed at the clinic and I'm having a hard time finding information about its use/indications. Can anyone help me out?
 
Most machines that we use in our clinic have manuals that will explain what the machine does. But aside from that I've never heard of light cluster.
 
we have light cluster therapy here where I work. However, aside from the fact the therapist never use it, I'll write a brief description. MedX 1100 Console: Phototherapy is a safe, innovative therapy using photons of light. The absorption of light energy causes photochemical changes at the cellular level, which leads to relief of pain and acceleration of the tissue healing process. The "low level laser therapy (LLLT) and subluminous (SLD) accessories are indicated for the temporary increase in local blood circulation, temporary relief for minor muscle and joint aches, pains, and stiffness, and relaxation of muscles; for spasms, and minor pain and stiffness with arthritis.

Hope that helps. I'd also list some indications of when to use it and contraindications (i.e. over a tatoo). It's one page haha so don't stress