Moderator Abuse!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thrombus

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who let the gynecologist come in here and lock a good thread about pathology. Obviously the gynecologist has no clue that theranos is a laboratory!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
No doubt. He or she must be clueless...or have ties to the company

Members don't see this ad :)
Because the thread turned into a political discussion, not a theranos discussion. THere are other places to discuss politics. Move on.

Reactions: 1 users
Because the thread turned into a political discussion, not a theranos discussion. THere are other places to discuss politics. Move on.
Exactly. It had nothing to do with the company and everything to do with the politics and the tone of the discussion as you rightly stated.

The decision was made by the team and action taken by the moderator who was available at the time.

There was barely any political commentary in the thread, except LADoc and some other dude. People just look for stuff to offend them anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
There was barely any political commentary in the thread, except LADoc and some other dude. People just look for stuff to offend them anymore.
As noted above, this is about political commentary not about people being offended. Please re-read the statement from your moderator.

It doesn’t matter whether it’s one person or 50 people, there are other more appropriate forum for such discussions.

Funny as I always think SDN has a tendency to veer into "Reddit Neckbeard Land" of no to little moderation. So much so in fact that when actual moderation occurs, it looks jarring to posters.

To be honest, about 25% of my posts from the Golden Age of Path Whinery (post 9-11 to around 2010) should have been moderated and/or deleted.

This level of moderation is super chill folks.

The thread derailed mildy...no big deal. A lot of threads do. Don't ban guys like Thrombus and LADoc, it keeps the Path forum entertaining :corny: (I liked nrxxx too). And now, this thread will be shutdown in 3...2...1...

Last edited:
The thread derailed mildy...no big deal. A lot of threads do. Don't ban guys like Thrombus and LADoc, it keeps the Path forum entertaining :corny: (I liked nrxxx too). And now, this thread will be shutdown in 3...2...1...

Honestly I dont care. Not to be super arrogant, but others benefit more from me than me from them (although I do get some interesting gems of gossip every blue moon).

What thread doesn't have some political commentary in it? There was nothing offensive on the Theranos thread. Whoever reported it needs to view this website with their emotional support peacock or something...

I guess the swingers thread was more in line with what they want posted here at SDN.....

Very excessive moderation. We are not children.

What thread doesn't have some political commentary in it? There was nothing offensive on the Theranos thread. Whoever reported it needs to view this website with their emotional support peacock or something...

I guess the swingers thread was more in line with what they want posted here at SDN.....
Don't knock it till you've tried it :>}

I agree. He sounds like he has no game. Typical nerdy pathologist.

It got multiple complaints for being excessive and off topic. These were reports from established users, not anyone trying to silence "truth". Moderators typically only take action when there are complaints or there are obvious problematic issues (like offensive content, personal attacks, etc). NO ONE is trolling these forums looking for good opportunities to shut down honest and open discussion. I have no idea why some of you are turning yourselves into victims, but it doesn't play well here on this free website open to all who can talk about pretty much anything they want. And the conversation wasn't even shut down, it was suggested to be moved to another forum WITHIN THIS SAME WEBSITE.

Not exactly 1984 here, people. I think those complaining about the moderator action may also need their emotional support animals to get them through this.

No clues at all here about why some people can't find good jobs or are unhappy where they are now.. nope.

No clues at all here about why some people can't find good jobs or are unhappy where they are now.. nope.

LOL yes.
I feel like half of the people we reject from our job searches after phone interviews are the people who hang around here and consider themselves incredibly great pathologists.