Moderator for this forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The dermatology forum has been without a moderator for sometime now, and could use one (as has been suggested to us by a few members here).

Does anyone have suggestions or want to nominate themselves? Potential moderators should be helpful posters on the site, should be active enough to keep tabs on the forum, and should ideally have been members for enough time to be familiar enough with the site. If we get several possible selections we may try voting on the choice.

If for some reason you don't want to post publicly, you can send me a PM.

Members don't see this ad.

The dermatology forum has been without a moderator for sometime now, and could use one (as has been suggested to us by a few members here).

Does anyone have suggestions or want to nominate themselves? Potential moderators should be helpful posters on the site, should be active enough to keep tabs on the forum, and should ideally have been members for enough time to be familiar enough with the site. If we get several possible selections we may try voting on the choice.

If for some reason you don't want to post publicly, you can send me a PM.

I don't mind helping out. You may see a surge in visits and posters to this forum around March as we had last year so that could be another source to find an active and helpful moderator.

To me, the thing that stands to benefit this site most is not a moderator, but a moderator moderator. There's far too many moderators running around out there willy nilly, and we need someone to moderate their kooky activities. So, I'm prepared to vote on a moderator moderator, but not a moderator. Get it? If so, can you PM me and explain it because I lost track of what I was saying there.

Members don't see this ad :)
To me, the thing that stands to benefit this site most is not a moderator, but a moderator moderator. There's far too many moderators running around out there willy nilly, and we need someone to moderate their kooky activities. So, I'm prepared to vote on a moderator moderator, but not a moderator. Get it? If so, can you PM me and explain it because I lost track of what I was saying there.

At the risk of exposing how dim-witted I am, I finally figured out your user name today :p

:idea:

I think asmallchild and N-Surge would both be good mods. Having two is good because people get busy and sometimes may not be always able to check the threads.

I'd love for both asmallchild and N-Surge to be mods.

I will vote as well.....

asmallchild and N-Surge would be excellent choices

There's far too many moderators running around out there willy nilly, and we need someone to moderate their kooky activities.

This

But on a more serious note, yeah N-surge and asmallchild have my vote.

i've thought it over and am now prepared to vote on moderators in addition to moderator moderators. that being the case, i vote for asmallchild. she's a champ.

I'm honored in the support. Whatever is decided I plan on continuing to answer PMs and give whatever advice I can. If asmallchild and I are to both take the role I think that would be great.

I strongly believe and advocate that asmallchild and N-Surge should BOTH moderate as this thread can get very busy. It's better to split duties so as not to burden one person. There's no written rule in the universe that we can't have two mods for SDN Derm -- there are multiple floating mods out there in other SDN forums.

I've been lurking on SDN forums for a long time, even before I got into med school -- as a derm resident, I finally decided to join formally in order to write my DermMatch guide, and to support the SDN derm community in light of the trash that was going on at the now-defunct dermboard. From what I see on this site, it's better to have two pairs of eyes than just one. Two mods can also consult each other before making a decision, to ensure that any move passes the rationality test (ie, what was up with banning StanfordDerm?).