Quantcast

Mohs Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sawtella

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the consensus is that you should keep your Mohs and cosmetics' interest under wraps but Mohs was what initially attracted me to dermatology and now that I've had a chance to do several rotations in general dermatology, I really enjoy med derm as well. With that said, most of my interviewers have been asking me if I'm going to do Mohs and while I tell them that I am considering it, I also tell them that I am open to everything as well (because I really am). I guess i'm just writing this post b/c I'm afraid that this isn't going to look favorably to programs and I'm wondering if I should just stick with telling them that I want to do " med derm" for the rest of the interviews I have left.

Skinceutical

Reaction score
I don't think there's any problem with telling people you're interested in Mohs. Personally, I got bored at our dinners/interviews this year, hearing every single applicant tell me that they want to do academic med-derm at a tertiary care center.

Cosmetics is a different bag of worms - I would advise against telling any programs that your goal in life is to open up a medspa staffed by an army of midlevels. That will not go over well.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.