molar pregnancy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how urgently do you guys do these cases ? I'm trying to find some guidelines recommendations in relation to timing and urgency of procedure but not seeing much.

I started thinking about it because had gyn calling in middle of the night wanting to do D&A for molar pregnancy. bhcg~117k, otherwise vitals normal, labs normal, not bleeding, just have nausea and mild pain. is it really THAT urgent?

Anyone know of any guidelines for timing/urgency?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not anesthesia but am OBGyn.

It's not a middle of the night case. Patient is stable. Can and should wait until morning. In case heavy bleeding or some major complications, would rather have full daytime resources.

Shouldn't be sat on for a week but can easily wait until reasonable hours based on your description.

Reactions: 11 users
Just curious, how urgently do you guys do these cases ? I'm trying to find some guidelines recommendations in relation to timing and urgency of procedure but not seeing much.

I started thinking about it because had gyn calling in middle of the night wanting to do D&A for molar pregnancy. bhcg~117k, otherwise vitals normal, labs normal, not bleeding, just have nausea and mild pain. is it really THAT urgent?

Anyone know of any guidelines for timing/urgency?
Seems like it can wait for NPO for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's BS and you should call them out on it. Tell them patient morbidity and mortality increases doing semi-elective/semi-urgent cases in the middle of the night.

I'm not anesthesia but am OBGyn.

It's not a middle of the night case. Patient is stable. Can and should wait until morning. In case heavy bleeding or some major complications, would rather have full daytime resources.

Shouldn't be sat on for a week but can easily wait until reasonable hours based on your description.
"Day time resources", wow what a huge similarity to what I am touching in my home Country, although we here are considered third world Country.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I'm hoping to find someone else who has had a molar pregnancy who could help me with what happens in terms of treatment and monitoring afterward. My first son Harry was stillborn at 32 weeks in December. I got pregnant very quickly afterward but unfortunately had a missed miscarriage at the end of March and had to have an ERPC. Last week the consultant rang to tell me that the histology samples indicate a molar pregnancy and I've been referred to Charing Cross for a second opinion and monitoring. I've looked on the Internet for information and have found quite a bit but I still have so many questions it would be really good to hear from anyone who has been through it. Thanks,
Closing. This forum is not appropriate for this type of advice.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.