Mold in pharmacy...what to do?

Started by rxtasy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rxtasy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I typically have mild allergy symptoms no matter what pharmacy I've worked at but this place is ridiculous. It is an old grocery store pharmacy. My allergies have been much worse here then past pharmacies. The techs told me of frequent water leaks and mold by the sink area.

Last week, the leak sprang up again spreading thru the pharmacy and out into the meat section over a 48 hr period(they couldnt get anyone there to fix it). Anyways, the leak is fixed but the pharmacy has an awful musty smell and every day I've worked thus far I've had burning/scratchy eyes, constant running nose, scratchy throat, a headache, and general fatigue. Techs have had similar symptoms.

I'm not sure how to go about dealing with this. Anyone dealt with this in the past? Is it worth bringing up to a store manager who obviously doesnt give a **** and will probably do nothing about it? Do those mold test kits work?

Thanks.
 
I typically have mild allergy symptoms no matter what pharmacy I've worked at but this place is ridiculous. It is an old grocery store pharmacy. My allergies have been much worse here then past pharmacies. The techs told me of frequent water leaks and mold by the sink area.

Last week, the leak sprang up again spreading thru the pharmacy and out into the meat section over a 48 hr period(they couldnt get anyone there to fix it). Anyways, the leak is fixed but the pharmacy has an awful musty smell and every day I've worked thus far I've had burning/scratchy eyes, constant running nose, scratchy throat, a headache, and general fatigue. Techs have had similar symptoms.

I'm not sure how to go about dealing with this. Anyone dealt with this in the past? Is it worth bringing up to a store manager who obviously doesnt give a **** and will probably do nothing about it? Do those mold test kits work?

Thanks.

Are there sanitation requirements for a pharmacy? Just a thought, if it's regulated, it's enforceable.