moms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blue sclera

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
any moms out ther preparing for nbde 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
that will be great ....motivation is wanted n welcome.......i plan to start my studies soon....will be able t do tht in the night...coz in the morning i take care of my angel......will be great if i get a study partner , anyone wanting to study together in the night over skype or google talk...

that will be great ....motivation is wanted n welcome.......i plan to start my studies soon....will be able t do tht in the night...coz in the morning i take care of my angel......will be great if i get a study partner , anyone wanting to study together in the night over skype or google talk...

what subject r u planning to start with......lets be in touch as we are in the same boat

I'm with you girls. One sweet boy and second on the way.. Motivation is what we all need!!!!!

me too!! I have a 3 year old son... and just cant find the time to get started ...:(

I'm with you girls. One sweet boy and second on the way.. Motivation is what we all need!!!!!

hey dat sounds like me but i am actually preparing for part 2 and my morning sickness is so slowing me down. God help us all.

I am in, I have 5 and 2 year old... I jsut started preparing for part I, plannig to take exam in may....

Reactions: 1 user
any moms out ther preparing for nbde 1?
Hi,There I want to tell you my story may be it'll help .I came to US with my daughter she was 4 years and I was pregnant I got my son and I was taking NDB1 I looked for a free day care and I was lucky enough to find one far away from my home so he was 3 ms and I drop him and my daughter at 7 am and pick them up at5 pm and study in that time for 3 month I got 89 and then I had to work a full time job to earn a living so I was working 9am to 6pm however I got NDB2 79 and the toefl 101. and my husband finish the USMLE which was very hard for him!
having kids is hard but it is fun and it is very motivating for you girls because you are working for their future.
Now I am student in UCSF which is a great school and my husband in UMDNJ .And I am fortunate now to get help from my mom and then my mother inlaw because the school is harder than the NDB ..Good Luck for all of you:::::::love:

Reactions: 1 user
hi all

i thnk i can join u people...hav 17 month old son and im trying to find my time.....jus came here... 4months bac...i thnk its a very long way we all hav to go...and by the way im looking for other options available like MS or research...do any of u know anythng abt it...its so motivating to see so many in the same boat....if any1 hav any info pls post it...cheers and good luck

hello there..Im a mom..I ve a little boy who is 1 yr old..i live with my inlaws in cupertino,CA and was wondering if I could some guidelines from u as u made it thru alot of hardship.Congrats.I would really appreciate it...

thank u ,
subita

Hi! I am a Mom with 2 kids and just started preparing for NDBE1 .Count me in your study group.

I am in, I have 5 and 2 year old... I jsut started preparing for part I, plannig to take exam in may....

Hi ,
I am in the same boat now as you were then in 2010.I am worried how am i gonna plan and study after so many years.Could you please share your thoughts and help me in planning how to start with prepation .I guess you must have started working now.Any advice will be of great help.:)

Hi,There I want to tell you my story may be it'll help .I came to US with my daughter she was 4 years and I was pregnant I got my son and I was taking NDB1 I looked for a free day care and I was lucky enough to find one far away from my home so he was 3 ms and I drop him and my daughter at 7 am and pick them up at5 pm and study in that time for 3 month I got 89 and then I had to work a full time job to earn a living so I was working 9am to 6pm however I got NDB2 79 and the toefl 101. and my husband finish the USMLE which was very hard for him!
having kids is hard but it is fun and it is very motivating for you girls because you are working for their future.
Now I am student in UCSF which is a great school and my husband in UMDNJ .And I am fortunate now to get help from my mom and then my mother inlaw because the school is harder than the NDB ..Good Luck for all of you:::::::love:

Hi shery,
I am movng to US with 6 and 2 yr kids.Am worried if at this stage after so many years if i could do how you could do then!KIndly putts some suggestions how to start and plan and struggle through this NDB.
Thnak you

Hi Shery,
It is really ispiring to read your story... thank you for your words.. i am just starting to enter the study world after long break..of 3 years

Hey girls, don`t be discouraged! I`m a mom of 3 kids and 4th is on her way;) I don`t like all these suggestions how many hours you have to spend every day for your preparation for NBDE. I can hardly sit still an hour without interruption and invitation to play, having snack together or stop their fighting.... By the way my husband is a resident too and he passed recently his all USMLEs. So, not very much help from his side. Also, we don`t have any relatives with us and we cannot afford a babysitter. So... it seems I`m preparing for my boards forever by staying at home and raising kids. Anyway, after 1 year I passed my NBDE 1 for 83 and after 1 more year I failed with NBDE 2. I didn`t get 2 points(( Probably, I was too superficial and thought that second step is not as hard. So, my advice - do not underestimate! Be prepared well!
I will do it again in a week. Hope this time I will be good).
I can tell you with assurance that you can find a lot of reasons why you cannot achieve your dreams or plans.. You can blame your family, kids, lack of time and money. But kids are the blessing and they need their mom! Your career is valuable but it is not everything. The little hearts which love you much more important! Move forward, take a deep breath and let the Lord help you with patience, wisdom and hope! Good luck to every mom:)

Reactions: 2 users
Girls, I got a results of my NBDE 2. This time I passed, so you can too! Everything is possible with God (even with 4 kids)))). Never give up and be blessed!

Hey girls, don`t be discouraged! I`m a mom of 3 kids and 4th is on her way;) I don`t like all these suggestions how many hours you have to spend every day for your preparation for NBDE. I can hardly sit still an hour without interruption and invitation to play, having snack together or stop their fighting.... By the way my husband is a resident too and he passed recently his all USMLEs. So, not very much help from his side. Also, we don`t have any relatives with us and we cannot afford a babysitter. So... it seems I`m preparing for my boards forever by staying at home and raising kids. Anyway, after 1 year I passed my NBDE 1 for 83 and after 1 more year I failed with NBDE 2. I didn`t get 2 points(( Probably, I was too superficial and thought that second step is not as hard. So, my advice - do not underestimate! Be prepared well!
I will do it again in a week. Hope this time I will be good).
I can tell you with assurance that you can find a lot of reasons why you cannot achieve your dreams or plans.. You can blame your family, kids, lack of time and money. But kids are the blessing and they need their mom! Your career is valuable but it is not everything. The little hearts which love you much more important! Move forward, take a deep breath and let the Lord help you with patience, wisdom and hope! Good luck to every mom:)
made me cry.......................thanx for inspiring............