Monash vs Melbourne vs ANU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarita

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my GAMSAT results and still undecided on my 2nd and 3rd choices.

Can someone please advise how they the above universities rank in terms of teaching quality, staff, course components, etc?

I know ANU is relatively new but the university has a good research base and reputation. Monash and Melbourne I've included in as they are more established.

Members don't see this ad.

Got my GAMSAT results and still undecided on my 2nd and 3rd choices.

Can someone please advise how they the above universities rank in terms of teaching quality, staff, course components, etc?

I know ANU is relatively new but the university has a good research base and reputation. Monash and Melbourne I've included in as they are more established.

I got into Monash and Melbourne a while back, so I did a fair amount of research. The rankings are usually Melbourne 1, Monash 2. I think most people would agree that both are good schools, and among the best in the country. ANU doesn't have nearly as good a reputation as the other two. I'd consider them more seriously if you have a particular reason you want to go there (ie you live in Canberra, or you have family there).