Almost Hritik !!!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2003
Next to Case !!
Visit site
Status
Well.. I had to use that line to rope you in to this thread :D
My real question is, which of the Carribbean schools has the best scholarship programs ???? All I find is Loan program info .. but does anybody know which school is great about giving out scholarships ( I mean realistic scholarships, not GPA 3.8, MCAT 39 Scholarships :D if you know what I mean )

Skip Intro

15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
Status
Attending Physician

tRmedic21

useless...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Skip Intro said:
Ross has the Eliza Grier scholarship for underrepresented minorities.

http://www.rossmed.edu/Ross_News/Eliza_Anna_Grier_Scholarship_P/eliza_anna_grier_scholarship_p.html

I don't know if any other Carib schools offer programs even close to this, as giving away money is not their primary reason for existence.

-Skip
SGU does have some scholarships, I believe, but I've never heard of AUC giving any. You can't afford to cut back on those millions in profit per year when you've got to pay for gold spray paint by the boatload!

cutslikeaknife

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Status
Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that SGU definitely has obtainable scholarships for incoming first year students, as well as for upperclassmen. I luckily obtained one upon entry, and have maintained that scholarship, as well as adding on an upperclassmen one. The upperclassmen scholarships require a certain GPA and to be in the top of your class...

Skip Intro

15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Ah! Good info from the SGU crew. Anyone have any links to this program online, or how prospective students can get more info?

How about anyone from AUC? Do they offers such programs?

I guess this, at least in part, disproves the notion that the big Carib schools are completely heartless. :laugh:

-Skip

OP
IntlMed

IntlMed

Almost Hritik !!!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2003
Next to Case !!
Visit site
Status
I called SGU to find out... but the answers are not clear.. The lady said soemthing to the effect of - 'we give out scholarships,but they are not really full scholarships, they can be loans + grants, but we still call them scholarships, there is no criteria defined as to who gets the scholarship, just apply and we will let you know if you get it.. ' etc etc.. .
Its such a big freaking national secret.. .Come on . I think if we are shelling out $200K on your school, I think we have the right to know, what scholarships you offer and what the criteria for those scholarships are?? Am I not reasonable ???

IMbound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
Status
Hello all, first time writing on the forums. I am an MSIV at SGU and when I was on the island there were 4 scholarships offered by SGU. You could apply for them on the island. I never heard back from them. These were grants for up to partial tuition if I remember correctly. Anyway, there were only 4 for our class. Not great odds.