Montana PharmD

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by wumpus, Apr 16, 2007.

1. wumpus

wumpus Midlife doofus
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just curious if anyone out there has some first hand information about the University of Montana's pharmacy program?
    I am compiling a list of "possibles", but I can't afford to visit every far flung campus. Thus, any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aer12

aer12 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you love the mountains and being outdoors, you would love Missoula. I grew up in Montana but moved to Colorado for my undergrad. Every single person I know that moved to Missoula to go to school there has more than loved it. I only know a few pharmacy students, and they love it too. One of them is graduating this May and she had a job lined up in Scottsdale, AZ back in November, so the school is great as well. I have applied there for fall 2007, they have told me that they need my spring semester grades, so I won't know until end of May or even June wether or not I get in.

4. nmontana

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know this is coming pretty late, but I went for a quick tour of the campus a little while ago (transfering from Washington). The building was very nice, open, spacious, and well lit. They added a lot of new research and office spaces to the building that should open up this year. The school is much smaller then many I've been too, but I'm banking on a little more personalized attention (there are only around 75 students accepted every year). The building is mostly for the Pharmacy and Physical therapy schools also. The only problem is that if you are out of state, you may stay out of state the entire four years of school:( due to residency issues. Sorry I can't tell you much about the program as I'm only starting in the Fall.