Montana State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeganBeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about this program? I live on the east coast and I want to go far away for a program like this, mainly so I won't have any distractions. Or does anyone know of any good programs like this out west or in TN/VA/NC area?

Members don't see this ad.

Meganbeth:

Yes, I applied to Montana State for this fall. They are a new program but they boast an 83% success rate for admissions to Med schools. They currently have a linkage to Colorado SOM.

Meganbeth:

Yes, I applied to Montana State for this fall. They are a new program but they boast an 83% success rate for admissions to Med schools. They currently have a linkage to Colorado SOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey if i get in i may be looking for a roommate. awesome thanks though for the response.

Montana is absolutely gorgeous. Think "A River Runs Through It." I have looked at housing prices in the area and they are a bit expensive in Bozeman. However, there are a couple of other towns within 20 minutes or so where the housing is cheaper.

I like the smaller town as my oldest daughter will be in public school. I got accepted to Harvard's Health Careers Program, but I am still thinking the smaller town will be better for my family.

your thoughts?

currently i go to college in a true college town. everything centers around the university, and i like the small town atmosphere. the people in my building know my name, i send christmas cards to the guys who work in my parking garage, and everyone has a story. thats why i think bozeman would be good for me, just because i'm used to the small town life after being quickly enundated with it in college (i'm from a big city, well suburbs). but, you should look into grad student housing, its pretty cheap. i believe if i get in i may live in it for a semester/year until i figure out the place.

Where else have you applied?

no where, i can do it here, but i don't want to, we have a medical school where i go to school, but i want a change for a while, but i'd love to do medical school here or in this state because i have fallen in love with west virginia. but, i want to move out west for a while and explore, i love that part of the country too.

I know this thread is older but for anyone looking for the future...don't do it! I joined the class of '08 and have been entirely disappointed and lied to. Halftime premed advisor who works with all 400 premeds here, can't manage to get you the classes you need and all for out of state graduate tuition. Needless to say I will be transferring out asap.

I know this thread is older but for anyone looking for the future...don't do it! I joined the class of '08 and have been entirely disappointed and lied to. Halftime premed advisor who works with all 400 premeds here, can't manage to get you the classes you need and all for out of state graduate tuition. Needless to say I will be transferring out asap.

What do you mean by being "lied to"?
I had some questions about the program, specifically if they honor the linkage agreement with the University of Colorado... and if they're able to at least schedule you into the classes you need, even if you are being charged out of state fees. And how do you like Bozeman?

I cant attest to the school but as you can tell from my user name I absolutely love bozeman and the area as a whole. Everyone (locals at least) are very friendly and you cant beat the snowboarding at big sky.

Everyone (locals at least) are very friendly and you cant beat the snowboarding at big sky.

Because that is exactly the way to choose an educational instituion...

Anyone else have any experiences with MT?

Hi,

I am planning on beginning this program in May, and would love to hear from anyone who has experience with this program.

Thanks!

The people there are very very nice but really sticking to a state school nearby will do you the exact same. According to the head of the UCol SOM their "linkage" agreement is more of a loose deal than an actual thing. Additionally they offer no physical mcat classes or significant advice on where to apply. If you choose this program you are most likely spending 2-5x for what you could get at a state school.

The people there are very very nice but really sticking to a state school nearby will do you the exact same. According to the head of the UCol SOM their "linkage" agreement is more of a loose deal than an actual thing. Additionally they offer no physical mcat classes or significant advice on where to apply. If you choose this program you are most likely spending 2-5x for what you could get at a state school.

thanks, I hear your point. I think what I like is that they aren't picky about how many classes you've taken, but will still let you go full time with flexibility in what you take. That's important for me. I agree about the linkage. The advisor at Montana said it was more of an agreement to take a look at students with > 3.0 and that UW is a "better chance" for Montana post bacc grads.