Montreal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thetitans2k

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the optometry school at the university of montreal exclusively for people who know french?
 
I love your post..... I love Montreal 🙂

No it is not, but all courses and examinations are taken in French. As well, apparently you need to take a french language exam in order to do an interview with them. However, many texts and articles including research is in English. However, you should have a good command of both languagues if you decide to go there. Montreal is more bilingual than you think.

PM me if you have any questions about UdM or Montreal🙂
 
I only took french up to grade 9, so I don't think that I would be able to write tests in french. I'm going to visit a friend in Montreal for a few days in a couple of weeks and was wondering if it was worthwhile visiting the school there. I'm staying with my friend who lives near Mcgill.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only took french up to grade 9, so I don't think that I would be able to write tests in french. I'm going to visit a friend in Montreal for a few days in a couple of weeks and was wondering if it was worthwhile visiting the school there. I'm staying with my friend who lives near Mcgill.

A friend of mine, francophone by birth who was educated entirely in French (in Ontario) until undergrad apparently did not satisfy Montreal's language requirements when she wrote their French language exam...😕
 
I just took the TFI (test de francais international) two weeks ago at the Universite de Montreal. It isn't as bad as it seems!!! I am anglophone, but started studying French when I was 18....so there is hope out there!!! I was anxiously awaiting the results, since med applicants have to score significantly higher than the majority, but I scored well above the minimum requirement...and you can too!. Good luck, if you have any questions pm me.