Moonlighting during research years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a surgery resident interested in taking dedicated research years. Anyone familiar with moonlighting opportunities during research years?
Heard of a few residents alumni who supplemented their incomes/funded their research years through moonlighting, however I can't seem to find any information online, nor have I met a current resident who is familiar with the process.
How do you get started? Who do you contact? I only know that you need a state license, which requires one to pass Step 3.
For example, rumor has it that NYU has lots of moonlighting options for surgical residents. Yet, I couldn't find information online or a single person with a contact information. I am mainly interested in research in NYC, but would consider Boston or Philly as well.
Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Talk with your program. If they are not on board you will not be allowed to do this. If they are on board there will likely be typical opportunities (staffing the sicu, covering local ed, extra call) that they will be able to share with you.

Reactions: 1 user