Moore's The Developing Human vs. Langman's Medical Embryology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFifthEye

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one do you guys recommend?

Also, should I use Najeeb for embryology? Any other resources or recommendations?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely use both. Embryology is such an important subject and you're going to want a strong base when you get to clinicals.

Reactions: 7 users
I would definitely use both. Embryology is such an important subject and you're going to want a strong base when you get to clinicals.

a07109cbc8daecb546cc86bcd4f57316--lebron-james-spider-man.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Use the coursepack . Memorize and then dump from memory. Najeeb was excellent as usual but doesn't have complete embryo (cardiac). I tried reading both but honestly YouTube/najeeb/ coursepack/lectures was more than enough. N=1.

You actually got me for a second.

OP - idk what your school is like, but at mine embryology is crammed in with anatomy. I'm just planning on using BRS Embryology, particularly the clinical considerations sections and the practice Qs.

I used Langman's and liked it (and I hate textbooks for the most part), but I can't compare it to anything else. I used it in the first place because my professor teaches the basics and then pulls a good chunk of his questions from the assigned reading from that book. I did well in the class and feel I have a firm grasp of the subject after using that along with lecture/youtube

But honestly for me videos/drawing stuff out is really what did it for me. Also embryo may be nearly worthless for clinical but isn't it really important for boards? I could be wrong about that but that's what I've heard.

if you really want/like to use textbooks maybe flip through both and see which one looks friendlier to you, but definitetly check out some videos because Embryo is very visual.

Really depends on the set up. Ours was also with anatomy, we just did a couple lectures per each system we were covering in anatomy. I literally only used lecture slides. Embryo is completely useless and not worth wasting time on whatsoever. Later on UWorld and FA will hammer your head in with the relevant embryology.

Nothing can be worse than Langman's.