More Classes (already have 2 science degrees)

Started by Frosty808
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Frosty808

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I won't make this too complicated, here my summary:

- pre-reqs from 2006 to 2010 (15 to 11 years, respectively)
- took higher level courses 2010 to 2016
- thesis took 2 years to finish (oooh health/family problems)
- I already have a BS Bio and MSc in Biomedical degree (over 100 or so credits)
- planning to take MCAT early June 2021
- planning to apply July 2022 to matriculate 2022

The MSc degree DID NOT INCLUDE the basic pre-reqs:
chemistry
physics
ochem
gen bio (but my higher MSc included cell bio, embryology, biochemistry etc)

Question:
I know some schools require those four pre-requisite classes to be within 5 years so should I take more classes to show upward trend?

Thanks!
 
Hi there,

I won't make this too complicated, here my summary:

- pre-reqs from 2006 to 2010 (15 to 11 years, respectively)
- took higher level courses 2010 to 2016
- thesis took 2 years to finish (oooh health/family problems)
- I already have a BS Bio and MSc in Biomedical degree (over 100 or so credits)
- planning to take MCAT early June 2021
- planning to apply July 2022 to matriculate 2022

The MSc degree DID NOT INCLUDE the basic pre-reqs:
chemistry
physics
ochem
gen bio (but my higher MSc included cell bio, embryology, biochemistry etc)

Question:
I know some schools require those four pre-requisite classes to be within 5 years so should I take more classes to show upward trend?

Thanks!
It's more important that you take those classes so you can do well on MCAT!