More individuals going into healthcare?

Discussion in 'Topics in Healthcare' started by BlackWarrior, Aug 18, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. BlackWarrior

BlackWarrior

Jun 19, 2017
    I have been noticing a lot of my friends getting into the healthcare field (pharm/rn/pa/pt/md/vet/dental) as of lately. I'm not sure if it's because a majority of my college friends are Biology majors or there is a general increasing trend for healthcare providers. Anyone notice a similar trend?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Misrepresenting Reality

Misrepresenting Reality Speaking the Truth Banned

Aug 22, 2017
    Probably both.

US medical schools are increasing both in number and size. The same can be said for many other healthcare careers. Pharmacy has saturated the market.

Also, you have a lot of friends that are biology majors, so your perspective is skewed from the general population.

Triple Cheeseburger likes this.
  4. Triple Cheeseburger

Triple Cheeseburger Supersized fries too with a 64 oz pepsi

Aug 28, 2017
    The US population is increasing and aging, both factors that increase provider demand.

5. WaffleSyrup

WaffleSyrup

Oct 5, 2017
    I've been noticing the same thing. I think part of it is the increase in advertising for healthcare related schooling combined with all the accelerated programs available. Also people assume every healthcare provider makes good money and are surprised to find out that the store manager at Starbucks makes more money than the basic EMT.
    FYI I made less as an EMT than I did as a house painter, so I can relate. :laugh:

6. Health Surround 365

Health Surround 365

Oct 6, 2017
    Health care and biology is very much correlated, it's also good for people who want to help others. In my schooling i've understood the importance of biology by way of healthcare learning.