More interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oneofthesedays

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or have interview offers really slowed down lately? I may just be speaking personally, but I was wondering if people are still getting invites? Anybody have any idea if a big rush of invites will happen anytime soon or are the big spurts of interviews pretty much over and now it is just one or two here and there?
I just feel like I've been complete with no news at SO many schools for SO long now. I really want to hear something from any NYC school but so far no word at all, even after in the area emails and all. Just wondering if I should write them off in my head or if I still have a shot? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it just me or have interview offers really slowed down lately? I may just be speaking personally, but I was wondering if people are still getting invites? Anybody have any idea if a big rush of invites will happen anytime soon or are the big spurts of interviews pretty much over and now it is just one or two here and there?
I just feel like I've been complete with no news at SO many schools for SO long now. I really want to hear something from any NYC school but so far no word at all, even after in the area emails and all. Just wondering if I should write them off in my head or if I still have a shot? :rolleyes:

Definitely the days of me waking up eager to check my email have ended. I had a long dry spell, but I've gotten a trickling from schools these last two weeks. Hold out of another month, still plenty of seats open!

I have seen the same thing with me and other applicants I know. There seemed to be some quick schools and the rest are moving much slower.

Members don't see this ad :)
The very last thing I've heard from a school was my Maryland acceptance on 10/28.

My last interview invite (ninth) was from WVU on 10/2.

Things have definitely slowed down here. I have stopped anxiously checking my email and postal mail as well.

I got an invite on Friday, and then another one the week before. But these were from schools where I applied really late, like beginning to mid October...

Last edited:
the last invitation i got was in the first week of november. after that... nothing. but in my case it's ok, since i have an acceptance to a school i'll likely go to. if i hadn't, i'm pretty sure i'd be neurotic right now worrying about why other schools aren't contacting me. hang in there guys! :luck:

It's strange, I had this horrifyingly long dry spell (my last interview invite was 9/4), but then I received an interview at Tulane on 10/28 (less than a week after I had withdrawn, incidentally) after having been complete since July, and then an interview invite from Emory just a few days ago (I had been complete since the end of Sept). So....who knows? I'm guessing I'm done though, so....

Yeah the magic has gone out of my relationship with my email, haha. I keep hearing that January date is when things are really over it just seems like it is ending sooner than we thought. I mean between now and January are a bunch of holidays where I'm guessing the offices won't be working and the adcom members won't be meeting so that cuts out time there too. Not looking good...:(

It's strange, I had this horrifyingly long dry spell (my last interview invite was 9/4), but then I received an interview at Tulane on 10/28 (less than a week after I had withdrawn, incidentally) after having been complete since July, and then an interview invite from Emory just a few days ago (I had been complete since the end of Sept). So....who knows? I'm guessing I'm done though, so....

Now Now Let, don't fire ze meesiles before you take a nap!

the last invitation i got was in the first week of november. after that... nothing. but in my case it's ok, since i have an acceptance to a school i'll likely go to. if i hadn't, i'm pretty sure i'd be neurotic right now worrying about why other schools aren't contacting me. hang in there guys! :luck:

Supergril, when did you become complete at the school that invited you in november?

Supergril, when did you become complete at the school that invited you in november?

I was complete around 8/25 and I got the invite on 11/6. I got all of my interview invites back in September. So when I hadn't heard anything at all in October, I assumed that that these were the only schools that would invite me for an interview. Then out of nowhere, I hear from this school in November. Goes to show you how this process isn't so predictable. :shrug: