More interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oneofthesedays

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Is it just me or have interview offers really slowed down lately? I may just be speaking personally, but I was wondering if people are still getting invites? Anybody have any idea if a big rush of invites will happen anytime soon or are the big spurts of interviews pretty much over and now it is just one or two here and there?
I just feel like I've been complete with no news at SO many schools for SO long now. I really want to hear something from any NYC school but so far no word at all, even after in the area emails and all. Just wondering if I should write them off in my head or if I still have a shot? :rolleyes:

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or have interview offers really slowed down lately? I may just be speaking personally, but I was wondering if people are still getting invites? Anybody have any idea if a big rush of invites will happen anytime soon or are the big spurts of interviews pretty much over and now it is just one or two here and there?
I just feel like I've been complete with no news at SO many schools for SO long now. I really want to hear something from any NYC school but so far no word at all, even after in the area emails and all. Just wondering if I should write them off in my head or if I still have a shot? :rolleyes:

Definitely the days of me waking up eager to check my email have ended. I had a long dry spell, but I've gotten a trickling from schools these last two weeks. Hold out of another month, still plenty of seats open!

adizz mfresh

not set up to mold rubber
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen the same thing with me and other applicants I know. There seemed to be some quick schools and the rest are moving much slower.

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The very last thing I've heard from a school was my Maryland acceptance on 10/28.

My last interview invite (ninth) was from WVU on 10/2.

Things have definitely slowed down here. I have stopped anxiously checking my email and postal mail as well.

violet7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an invite on Friday, and then another one the week before. But these were from schools where I applied really late, like beginning to mid October...

Last edited:

supergirl87

no longer premed...MS0
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the last invitation i got was in the first week of november. after that... nothing. but in my case it's ok, since i have an acceptance to a school i'll likely go to. if i hadn't, i'm pretty sure i'd be neurotic right now worrying about why other schools aren't contacting me. hang in there guys! :luck:

ButImLETired

Prodigal member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's strange, I had this horrifyingly long dry spell (my last interview invite was 9/4), but then I received an interview at Tulane on 10/28 (less than a week after I had withdrawn, incidentally) after having been complete since July, and then an interview invite from Emory just a few days ago (I had been complete since the end of Sept). So....who knows? I'm guessing I'm done though, so....

oneofthesedays

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah the magic has gone out of my relationship with my email, haha. I keep hearing that January date is when things are really over it just seems like it is ending sooner than we thought. I mean between now and January are a bunch of holidays where I'm guessing the offices won't be working and the adcom members won't be meeting so that cuts out time there too. Not looking good...:(

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's strange, I had this horrifyingly long dry spell (my last interview invite was 9/4), but then I received an interview at Tulane on 10/28 (less than a week after I had withdrawn, incidentally) after having been complete since July, and then an interview invite from Emory just a few days ago (I had been complete since the end of Sept). So....who knows? I'm guessing I'm done though, so....

Now Now Let, don't fire ze meesiles before you take a nap!

Sangria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the last invitation i got was in the first week of november. after that... nothing. but in my case it's ok, since i have an acceptance to a school i'll likely go to. if i hadn't, i'm pretty sure i'd be neurotic right now worrying about why other schools aren't contacting me. hang in there guys! :luck:

Supergril, when did you become complete at the school that invited you in november?

supergirl87

no longer premed...MS0
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Supergril, when did you become complete at the school that invited you in november?

I was complete around 8/25 and I got the invite on 11/6. I got all of my interview invites back in September. So when I hadn't heard anything at all in October, I assumed that that these were the only schools that would invite me for an interview. Then out of nowhere, I hear from this school in November. Goes to show you how this process isn't so predictable. :shrug: