axm028400

5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2009
Status
Just curious, it seems like all of my interview invites came at once and now have slowed down, so for those of you who are current residents, should I expect many more interviews after this time of the year, or not so much? Thanks in advance for feedback!

atsai3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Boston
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Just curious, it seems like all of my interview invites came at once and now have slowed down, so for those of you who are current residents, should I expect many more interviews after this time of the year, or not so much? Thanks in advance for feedback!
From what I can recall of my own experience, I heard from most of the programs I applied to in September & October. Then there were a few more in November (ie, programs that had waited for my Dean's Letter to be released).

-AT.

Sep 2, 2010
Status
Are you guys still getting interviews? Should we be expecting programs to send out interviews at this time?

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Are you guys still getting interviews? Should we be expecting programs to send out interviews at this time?
Only one today from Dartmouth. I think that for the most part, I'm done.

titoincali

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
SW
Status
Attending Physician
I kinda figured I was done at this point also. I haven't gotten an interview in 2 weeks. I even sent an email expressing interest to UA and I've heard nothing. So, this is my "finalize all interview travels" weekend.

peppy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Eh, you may get a few more trickling in up through January (especially from other people cancelling their later interviews).
I do feel like psych is one of the fields where most of the invitations come early though.

Red Beard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I had most of my interview offers by this time last year. A couple came in after this, either places that wanted to see the Dean's letter first or that had people not accepting/cancelling interviews and I was in the second tier, not sure which.

Sep 2, 2010
Status
I have not yet heard from few top programs; do you guys think they are still processing applications and send out interviews? Has anyone received interviews in the past few days? Thanks

OP
A

axm028400

5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2009
Status
Thanks for everyone's feedback; in response to the above poster, I just received an invite today, got one two in October and all of the rest in September. Good luck!