More postbac ??? Need advices. Please help..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaughingGas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So some of you might know that I come from very lowest possible GPA of 2.1 sgpa/bcp and 2.56 ogpa.:(
Postbac for 70~80 semester unit sitting at 3.8 BCP/SGPA alone, resulting in 3.0 BCP/SGPA/OGPA (for about 2.5 years)
Recent DAT 22AA/23TS/22PAT
Half of those units are pretty much repeats of all prereqs and the other half are additional courses that I took.

-This are new classes under my belt:
Intro to molecular biology - lower division
Genetics - lower division
Anatomy w/lab
Human Physiology w/lab
Cell Biology w/lab
Biochem 1,2
Immunology w/lab
Embryology w/lab
Evolution
Human Nutrition

-This summer and fall I'll be completing:
Microbio w/lab
Biochem 3 (quarter system so I'll be finishing full year sequence)
Pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease
Recombinant DNA w/lab
Human Genetics
Biotechnology
either Animal Physiology or Osteoimmunology

-I can finish my second bachelor earlier than I expected, so I'm debating whether I should take more classes after this fall, just because it's so expensive, paying graduate student fee and commuting there takes me about 4 hours round-trip.
-Do you think I can stop taking classes or should I take more classes due to my horrendous undergrad GPA?

Sorry for long post and thank you for taking time to read it.

Members don't see this ad.

At this point, I think you've taken enough classes to show the adcom that you're dedicate to get into dental school. I think why not just try to work at a research lab to apply what you know!

you've proven yourself over 2.5 years and with a great DAT...at this point apply you'll get in.