More questions about PCO interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mellie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my interview for PCO is coming up next week, and I'm not sure about these questions:
1)does PCO expect us to know current news about optometry? such as new regulations, how is the law from Pennsylvania different from California?
2) Do they ask us about stem cell, abortion, how to improve the health care system? These are very controversal ones and I'm a little worry about debating them.
3.) I know that there's a secone interview with open file, what types of questions did they ask?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

They didn't ask about current news, stem cell, abortion, etc. They asked very basic interview questions -- everything you would expect and nothing that caught me off guard, In the open file interview they mainly just verified that all the parts of the application were there, told you what was missing if anything, and asked a few questions about grades, OAT scores, and the interview. Nothing you really need to prepare for.

My PCO interview didn't ask anything like that. It was very laid back and he asked basic questions like why PCO, what kind of Optometrist I would want to be, what is my experience, what courses I was best and worst in. The only questions that threw me off were "what is my biggest accomplishment?" and "If I could go out to dinner with any 3 people dead or alive,who would they be?"