More science courses vs. pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paddywhack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be more beneficial to retake all the pre-reqs or to take more upper div science classes at a 4-year? I've already graduated with a science degree and my gpa is so low that I doubt I can get into any post-bac program. Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be more beneficial to retake all the pre-reqs or to take more upper div science classes at a 4-year? I've already graduated with a science degree and my gpa is so low that I doubt I can get into any post-bac program. Thanks for all your help!

Have you looked into an SMP? I believe these accept ppl looking to improve their GPAs. Also, don't entirely rule out a post-bac. The one I'm looking at requires only a 2.5 GPA, but other things (LORs, essay, etc.) have to be exceptional . HTH

What exactly is SMP? Thanks for your reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would SMP be a good choice if it is geared towards people wanting to get into medical and not dental school (and the advisors are assuming so too)?

Regarding the original post, if the post-bac thing doesn't work out, would it be better to retake the pre-reqs or take other science classes? Thanks for all your help!